Weekly Weighing??

Options
2»

Replies

• myscheer
    Options
    I agree! Weekly weigh ins for sure! I sometimes weigh everyday or if not i weight every couple of days as motivation and staying on track!

goodluck!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i weigh and measure weekly...first thing in the morning. I am focusing more on the measurements and my BMI rather the scale because the scale is indeed evil.
  • sweet1ntx
    Options
    In the first 2 weeks the weight was dropping off fast and weighing everyday was exciting. I am now weighing every 2 weeks so I don't get discouraged. I weigh first thing in the morning with an empty stomach. Avoid the scales the week before your period...even though you know you retain fluid it still hurts your feelings to see the number creep back up! :smile:
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    I weigh every two weeks first thing in the morning!! after that, I star my next goal...:wink:
  • Ksoanes
    Options
    I too am a creature of habit and tend to hop on the scale every morning however, I only officially weigh in once a week and log that weight. I take measurements about once a month as well. It is 100% to each their own. Some find they go scale crazy if they weigh every day but it all depends on the person. For me it is just part of my routine in the morning.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I weigh every week. If the scale isn't moving, I mix things up. I have also heard you can weigh every day, but you need to average the numbers for the week. For instance, if you weigh 150, 152, 148, 152, 149 you would actually count your weight as 150. I start to get a little obsessive if I weigh everyday. I also don't weigh the day after working out.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale junkie. Just can't help myself. However, I only record my weight once a week (same day and time ea. week). And, as long as that number moves downward at all (even if only in tenths of pounds), I am happy. To me, one full pound lost is a true victory. Any more than that, I have to throw myself a little parade in my head to celebrate.:drinker:
    The numbers don't matter to me as much as the image in the mirror and the fit of my clothes, but the numbers give me something concrete to hold on to.
    Everyone's different when it comes to this issue, and I don't think there is a wrong or a right.
    Good luck!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. Not sure why, but I like to crunch the data on what I eat and how it affects my weight. A little OCD I suppose.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    someone in my house got a scale and now i weigh too often
    I don't adjust mfp till i get 3 readings the same

You need to adjust sometimes to reset your daily calorie goals cos when you lose weight you need less calories.
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I could go months without weighing in.
    I just joined MFP with the goal of trying to lose some weight instead of just getting in shape so I'm not sure what I'll do....I'm going to try to weigh in and record every 2 wks.
  • dawnmariep12
    dawnmariep12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I say do what you feel is comfortable, your going to see more results with the way your body is changing over how many pounds you lose, if it helps take process photos, that will help from getting discouraged or fall off by what the scales says, plus its great to see how far youve come and how much your body has changed.
  • LaloFitness
    Options
    Ok so question?? Should I weigh every week? or Should I not weigh and keep working and weigh on my "goal date" (Dec 6th)? Since this is a life style change, i don't want to get discouraged by the scale. But I can't stand not weighing... Maybe I'll weigh when i start getting compliments..?? Let me know your thoughts!

My thoughts are I think you have the answer built right into your question. If you can't stand not weighing, then start to weigh every week. I do it every day and the expected fluctuations don't bother me. I'm a tracker. But if the scale starts to discourage you, then back off and use some other form of measurement; tape measure, mirror, the fit of your clothes, or as you so perfectly put it... compliments.

:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!