Cookie NSV!!!

Options
This may be small but it is HUGE for me! Tonight i made cookies for my husband. Now for my NSVs....i did NOT lick the beaters! i did NOT taste the batter by spoon or finger! I did NOT lick the bowl! AND last but not least....i did NOT eat a cookie! i didn't want to go over my calories so i have already put the cookies away! Woo Hoo! If i can do this.....maybe i really can get to my goal weight! Very excited and had to share!!!

Replies

• niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; that is huge!
  • Aunt_Kiki
    Aunt_Kiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Much more control than I would have - way to go!
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I recently went to La Ronde amusement park in Montreal with a huuuuuge group of friends. First thing we did when we got there was buy food - but I said no to EVERYTHING and ate my packed lunch. No poutine, no hot dogs, and the most tempting of all - no crepes! They come in tons of varieties, stuffed with ice cream, fruit, nutella and the like. The most surprising part was that it wasn't even tough to say no!
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! That is awesome!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a great NSV...I couldn't have done it!
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WAY more control that I would've had, that's for sure! And DEFINITELY a reason to celebrate!!!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Much more control than I would have had. If it's in my house, I seem to have issues controlling myself. :(
  • teach54
    teach54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! You've earned my respect.
    I made cookies "for my son" one time, and ate nearly half of them :(
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    GREAT NSV!! Congratulatons!!:happy:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You rock!! Cookies are my biggest weakness.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have better control at home. Its when I'm at work that I seem to want to eat everything in my path. Congrats to you!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • tapbill
    tapbill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! Keep up the good work..
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you make your own cookies and control the ingredients there shouldn't be any reason why you can't eat cookies. Not the whole batch but a couple of cookies can be very satifying. Just count the calories and enjoy the treat. Eat healthy meals and you won't be tempted to overeat things that need to be limited but not eliminated. Good luck as you continue your program.
  • GMReich7
    GMReich7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    THANKS! i would have normally had many licks of the batter! lol! Or eat the broken cookies cuz you can't put them away! lol! i know that you can have ANYTHING in moderation but if i would have started....i would have had more than i should have. i'm not very good at control on certain foods. i even put the beaters in my soapy water before i could even think of having a taste! Thanks for the support! It was a victory for myself to see that i can have some control. i can go to bed and get up in the morning know that i had a good day today! Actually this is 2 great days in a row! Tomorrow....day 3!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That would be huge in my house! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!