why could i be SO bloated?! ):

Options
my stomach is very flat and sunken in, in the morning. i have hip bones showing and everything and i look very thin in the morning.
then by the end of the night, my stomach is huge and hurts and is so puffed it goes bigger then my ribs that stick out!!
what the heck! it looks so gross and it's so annoying and i'm afraid it'll turn to fat or something ):
my bmi is 18-19 so i'm not fat and it's not fat, it's all painful bloating..

here's what i ate today:

homemade protein overnight oats
2 tbsp peanut butter

3 tbsp egg whites
1/2 cup reduced sodium black beans
1 tbsp salsa
6 oz plain greek yogurt

1 larabar
8 oz unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop whey protein
1 tbsp special dark cocoa powder

2 slices 35 calorie wheat bread
almost a whole smallish avocado
1/4 cup organic edamame

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar( straight up )
20 cups of water
1 diet coke

i didn't really eat as many fresh fruits as i usually do but it's not to un healthy right?

my sodium comes to 1,211

I am sick with 2 ear infections ( severe ) and i'm taking liquid medicine since my throat is swollen also so could the medicine be making me look all fat because liquid medicine has sodium?

Replies

• someone help please..
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I use to bloat pretty bad but let me ask- how much water have you had today? If I don't drink enough water, I retain everything and swell like crazy.
  • I use to bloat pretty bad but let me ask- how much water have you had today? If I don't drink enough water, I retain everything and swell like crazy.

i listed at the end of my post how much..
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You might have some sort of food intolerance. This is exactly what happens to my husband when he eats anything with corn in it.
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've heard those types of symptoms from people who have gluten intolerance.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    youre probably eating more fibre than you're used to . once your body adjusts to the new fiber intake you should see a reduction in feeling bloated. if you want take a look in to getting a good probiotic and see if that helps. i take one every day
  • YoukilledJosh
    Options
    Certain types of whey protein do that to my stomach so im not sure if it could be that but I know personally it helped when I stopped using it as much
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here are my guesses:

1. You said you have two major ear infections and your throat is bloated. Perhaps this is causing your stomach to bloat as well?
    2. Too much fibre?
    3. The diet coke?
    4. The 20 glasses of water (seems a bit high)?
    5. A gluten intolerance.

If what you are eating is what you've always been eating and you are just now getting bloated at night, I would say it's #1.
  • travellernikki
    travellernikki Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You could have been eating a lot of sodium recently. Or perhaps its that TOTM, I am usually bloated 2 weeks of the month, getting gradually worse until the TOTM actually starts.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Your also eating two lots of beans.. Is that a regular part of you day?
    Maybe substitute the beans occasionally for something else . They might be contributing.
    Or you could be intolerant to something.
    I'm intolerant to shiritake noodles and they make me painfully bloated
  • Your also eating two lots of beans.. Is that a regular part of you day?
    Maybe substitute the beans occasionally for something else . They might be contributing.
    Or you could be intolerant to something.
    I'm intolerant to shiritake noodles and they make me painfully bloated

well since i'm a vegetarian i have to eat beans to get my protein.
    i've been eating like this for 2 years so my bodies' already used to eating this amount of fiber and stuff so..
    hmm..
    i'm thinking it's probably since i'm sick hopefully ):
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am gluten and dairy intolrent... any of the below do EXACTLY what you descirbe to me... and worse......

homemade protein overnight oats
    1/2 cup reduced sodium black beans
    6 oz plain greek yogurt
    1 larabar
    1 scoop whey protein
    2 slices 35 calorie wheat bread

cut them out and see what happens..........?

Also try probitotics........
  • asticoral
    Options
    Cut the wheat and peanut butter products completely out for a few days and see if anythings better, certainly sounds like an allergic reaction.
    Being at the low BMI you are it might be Very wise to seek medical attention since you don't have a lot to play around with.
    Hope your rinsing your mouth after that vinegar, its great but not friendly with teeth enamel, lol
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sex on the regular fixes everything.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i agree with other posters that could be an intolerance. Don't think TOM would cause your stomach to bloat unless was in direct correlation with your legs swelling. (press on your shin bones...does a 'divit' stay in it after you let go. If so, then you are retaining fluids...typically from high sodium/TOM/diabetes/heart disease (CHF).

If it is really bothering you, cut out types of food for a couple of days to see if it helps. If it does go away, then slowly add that item back until the symptoms come back to determine your tolerance level.

Gluten-friend was allergic to gluten, it is amazing what all it is in. Even stew, since the flour is used as a thickener. Do a couple of days eating specifically gluten free items (anything with a crust/paste/breading is probably bad, but corn meal and corn tortillas are okay, just not flour/wheat items).

Beans-ya know...the more you eat...the more you...swell up...easy enough to cut for a few

Dairy-even though you only had the one yogurt, could still be enough. I would hate to become dairy intolerant

Protein and fiber-heard both of these cause some pretty major gas, which would come with bloating. Chance is that you increased your daily values of these so fast your body is trying to adjust and regulate to meet the new process...

Good luck!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have to poop
  • shan1204
    Options
    Sounds like a food intolerance. I'd cut out the bread first.

It could also be a reaction to medication. Are you on any medication?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're knocked up. GRATS!
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It may be a food intolerance like others suggested. But before cutting out foods, I would try cutting out the soda and all carbonated drinks first. I cut those out of my diet and noticed a huge difference in the bloating. I suggested the soda because that seems like it may be the easiest to cut first...

Good luck!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    So has all of this bloating started while on medication, or has this been ongoing for a long time? How long have you had these symptoms.
    I am sick with 2 ear infections ( severe ) and i'm taking liquid medicine since my throat is swollen also so could the medicine be making me look all fat because liquid medicine has sodium?