Top-heavy friends: How do I slow my girls from when I run?

Options

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I volunteer to be a spotter......lol

Don't you mean to help support them? Lol:bigsmile:
  • daynals
    Options
    When I was nursing, I would wear 2 sports bras. I thought it would be uncomfortable but it worked well and they did not move.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD. I can't say this enough, invest in a really good sports bra, get properly sized, which means going to a running store and having yourself measured to get a good fit.Then buy a bunch of cheap pullover sports bras, one size smaller, you want that puppy tight. I have a couple of Moving Comfort bras, they're about $45, the first one I bought at the running store, but the second one I found on Amazon for half. Good luck, I have felt your pain.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can't help! I am big enough that if I tried to run, I would give myself two black eyes. Or, God Forgive, if I broke a strap I could end up with whiplash! I satisfy myself with "speed walking". I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find a sturdy enough sports bra, I could run....but I may not be able to breathe. :laugh:

I will check out the sports bra mentioned here as well! Thank you for asking your question!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Gonna echo the people who are telling you to double up sports bras. Very supportive, nothing else works quite as great when you're bouncing around being active. Why buy expensive workout gear when you can just use two of what you likely already have?
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Enell. Getting into it is a total workout, but they don't move. At. All.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Enell!! I have lululemon ta ta tamers also but like my enells better!! Expensive but worth every penny!
  • moonflower35
    Options
    I am not busty. In fact, it mine were smaller, I'd be concave. I have, however, heard, that Moving Comfort makes a great sports bra for ladies with this issue. I wear the MC bras for smaller boobs, and I really like it--high quality, not cheap.

Yes! I am quite top heavy and Moving Comfort, Maia - specifically for larger boobs - is awesome! It has an inner bra with underwire and a top layer. It's snug and very very comfortable. The 2 layers prevent movement in different directions. Looks good too.

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Maia-Black/dp/B001B1RQ72/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347415402&sr=8-2&keywords=moving+comfort+sports+bra
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    I wear a bra and a tight sports bra/tank over it.

^^^that's what I do to keep my girls secure!^^^^
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    sports bra overtop of another sports bra.
  • roz9999
    Options
    I love Shock Absorber bras! I wear a 38H and was looking for a good supportive bra to wear for running & soccer & basketball. I read a review of these and heard about a sale, so I bought two models- 'The Ultimate Run Bra' and the 'Classic Support'.

I definitely prefer the fit of the 'Classic Support'- it has more coverage, three hooks to close the back (which are padded to prevent chafing) and has an internal cup system that gives you a little shape (ie.doesn't make you look like you have a uni-boob! ).

The Ultimate Run bra definitely compresses and reduces bounce, but it also flattens, so it is not the most flattering if you are chesty. It also has two closures- one at the middle of your back as you'd expect but also one between your shoulder blades. This adds support, and probably helps with bounce reduction, but I found the top clasp would sometimes pop open when I wore it for sports other than running- you twist a lot in basketball!

Definitely worth the cost though! I've worn and washed mine a lot since I bought them and they are holding up beautifully!

http://www.freshpair.com/Shock-Absorber-D-Max-Sports-Bra-N109.html

http://www.thebay.com/eng/womens-intimates-bras-active-Ultimate_Run_Bra-thebay/240880
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    So, should I just leave this here?
    http://bustygirlcomics.com/
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 H and so there is no getting out of bouncing. They will always bounce. A good quality sports bra will minimize this and prevent jostling impact. I have an Enell in the largest size and it works really well for me http://www.titlenine.com/product/313801.do?sli=X-Small_Black_0&kwd=enell#.UE_u27JmQ7s

ETA when I say I will always bounce I mean the up and down movement any sticky outie flesh on your body will have. Definitely not out of control bouncing.
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Le Mystere 320 sports bra. I am a 34 DDD. I do can do jumping jacks, RIPPED and Zumba in it and the boys stay in place! There are 3 hooks and it has a light lining...In case it gets cold in the gym...if you get my drift. I have 4 of them as I work out 6+ times a week.

The fit is a bit tighter around the ribs. The cup size is fairly average. The straps are adjustable so you can make the fit perfect. Find them on eBay. The price can be anywhere from 17 - 36 $$...AT the store, they are quite a bit more.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I played rugby in college, I taped those puppies down. These days, I know what to look for in a sports bra.
  • Mayadixie
    Options
    I love Enell Sports Bras, http://www.enell.com/index.php
    If you are on the bustier side, which i am (DDD), this is a great bra. You do have to squeeze into it, but your girls won't be going anywhere, and very comfortable too. It's worth the money.

18821598.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This specific style of Moving Comfort bra was the best fitness related investment I ever made.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It is ridiculous, but I actually buy my sports bras from old navy. They are the best I have ever worn! And crazy cheap.
  • Sammuns
    Options
    You have a lot of good options for bras, just a matter of googling around for good running bras for full-figured women. Shock Absorber is probably the best option in my opinion, and you can often find them at Victoria's Secret, but their bras are also very expensive. I wear a Moving Comfort Fiona bra and it's pretty good for controlling the ladies and much cheaper, although I find sometimes the straps are a little irritating. If you're only looking for a workout bra it's pretty good though.

In a pinch you can also layer sports bras one on top of the other for a compression effect, but that might constrict your breathing, so you may need to play around with that to see if it's comfy.
  • Sammuns
    Options
    Please don't ever use tape or ace bandages to bind your breasts. They can easily cause injury in the vein of bruised ribs. I dunno if you were joking or not, but just to let you know, that is a health hazard.