Fish recipes please!!! Anyone :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Last night I made some cod on the grill and it was to die for! I also use Haddock. I don't like much else other than shrimp and clams and that gets pricey!
    I just put the fish on a piece of foil, sprayed it with i can't believe it's not butter, sprinkled a little breadcrumbs and cooked it for 8 minutes. Simple, delicious, low in cals high in protein! If you don't have a grill this works exactly the same in the oven, it just takes a little longer to cook.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Tham you everyone.. I'm puertorican so I think I'm going t try adding tilapia to my shrimp ceviche and see how it turns out..!! Thank you ❤
  • Paxtonite
    Options
    stay away from oily fish, as they have the strongest fishy smell (best for you in the long run, but work up to them). cod, monkfish or any 'meaty' whitefish should see you off to a good start. enjoy!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Be very careful about how much fish you eat with all this radiation in the Pacific Ocean. The FDA only inspects 2% of seafood, if you can believe it. I only eat local seafood for this reason.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Wild Salmon is yummy enough even my kids want to eat it. It's awesome baked plain or with lemon.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you can always do seared tuna...quick, easy, and oh soooo good. I had it last night....
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just created my own recipe... winged it really... got rave reviews from family who don't even like to eat fish. I made a chipotle seasoned corn tortilla and pepper encrusted flounder. Here's a pic:

IMAG0654.jpg

You can buy a tilapia version from Omaha Steak Company. They inspired me to try and create a recipe for my own.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BUMP....BUMP...AND BUMP AGAIN!! :love:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I made a quick and delicious shrimp dinner tonight:

12 oz. medium-large shrimp, frozen pre-cooked
    1 14oz can diced tomatoes
    1 jalapeno, diced or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    Juice of one lemon or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon dried basil
    1 14 oz can white beans (cannelloni beans)

1. drain and rise beans. Place in small sauce pan with water and 1 tablespoon olive oil over med- low heat.

2. In large non-stick skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced jalapeño and garlic and heat through for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and continue to heat for another two minutes until warmed throughly, remove to plate and set aside.

3. Add can of tomatoes, basil and lemon juice to pan and heat to reduce liquid (about 5 minutes). Return shrimp mixture to pan and toss until coated.

4. Add 3/4 c heated white beans to large soup bowl. Top with half shrimp/ tomato mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 2

Enjoy!

Edited to add:
    This dish would have been very nice served with King Estate Pinot Gris 2010. I didn't have any. :sad: Most Chardonnay's would work well, too.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This is Filipino Recipe. Soup Based dish. Basically you need 4 Fillets of Fish (Use White Fish that firm). Tomatoes, Green Onions, and Green Peppers like Jalapeno...

Hello from Chicago!
    Thank you for the recipe and CONGRATULATIONS on your awesome weight loss!