Snacks

Options
I am a huge chip person, if I could use all my calories on them I probably would but that is not so healthy. What do you snack on, something that satifies you and your not looking for another snack in 5 minutes.. I dont mind veggies but rather have them as a side at dinner or lunch not so much a carrot/dressing as a snack. Just looking for ideas before I hit the food store later

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    If by chips you mean potato chips, make your own! Slice up a potato really thin, spritz w/ some cooking spray on both sides and cook in the microwave. I did this a few weeks ago and I sware, they're better than store bought!
    If you mean tortila chips....maybe try the same thing with tortillas? I've never tried it so I don't know if that would work hahaha.
    I love granola bars. You could make your own too! Those keep me full for quite a while.
    Or how about just plain nuts?
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I mix salsa with hummus in equal amts and eat it with carrots and broccoli,
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm makes some baked cheddar chips that allow you to have 27 of them for 140 calories (found near the Goldfish/Wheat thins/etc.). They are delicious!!! and I usually feel satisfied with 27. Unlike tortilla chips where if I eat 6 of them, it's an automatic 120 calories. ugh.
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can't keep commercial snacks in the house without scoffing the lot in one sitting. These pantry-and-freezer staples have become the 'new' snacks:

frozen peas
    frozen blueberries
    sunsweet dried prunes (you COULD eat the whole packet but you really really don't want to)

and snack replacement therapy (lol) which distracts me for a while:
    diet soda
    chai tea (black no sugar)
    chewing gum
    lighting a stick of incense
  • dbevisjr
    Options
    I was coming up short on protein everyday so I started having a protein bar for a snack in the afternoon. About 180 cals and 20 grams of protein per bar with only 2 grams of fat. (Most lunch or snack size bags of chips are around 200 cals so I actually save a few calories.) The protein bars are rather dense so they are quite filling and they satisfy the urge to chew as well.
  • OwenEvan
    OwenEvan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on Kind bars...they come in a variety of flavors and are awesome. I keep one in my car so I have a go to heathly option.
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sometimes nothing but carbs will satisfy me, so if that's the case I try to make it pita chips or just pita bread dipped in hummus. Otherwise I find grapes a good snack, or apple or celery with peanut butter, or Greek yogurt, sometimes with a little granola or fruit mixed in, or some nuts (but I have a tendency to go overboard on the nuts).
  • mAnimalMX
    Options
    What they said:

-Greek Yogurt with fruit (This is like 150 calories for me and it tastes like candy!)
    -Healthy trail mix (I thought 1/4 cup would leave me famished but i felt rather fat after lol)
    -A small package of oatmeal (mmm warm carbs)
    -Low cal health cereal w soymilk (less than 200 calories)
    -turkey. just grab it out of the fridge and shove it in your mouth before you see anything delicious