late night munchies

Options
I need help! Every night I have the late night munchies. I know I should go to bed and sleep it off but I find myself eating a yogurt or something. Anyone have any low calories snack ideas? Or maybe I'll just go to bed tomorrow night:)

Replies

• tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello is one of my favs
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...in fact, I was looking at my diary and it's a really bad habit. but I do get hungry at night.
    So if I can't fight it, I will have a half serving of something that I consider sweet. I like the bear naked cereal or gluten free cocoa pebbles and a half serving of the almond breeze or skim milk. The calories turn out to be about 160 calories and I am satisfied.
    I thought about a piece of fruit, but then I would want peanut butter or almond butter and that by itself is 190 calories.
    So I did the cereal. Last night I had a TCBY Chocolate fudge frozen yogurt bar and that was 80 calories. It was good.
    Or skinny cow ice cream is 100 calories. I would only do it if its within my calorie budget, though. Otherwise. Water.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If it's a craving for something sweet rather than actual hunger, maybe try low calorie hot chocolate. The skinny cow one is awesome and only like 40 calories a mug.

If I'm ever actually, genuinely hungry in the evenings (as opposed to just wanting something sweet) I tend to stick to oatmeal with skimmed milk and low-calorie sweetener. It's filling without being insane on the calories.
  • CountryCandy
    Options
    Kale chips fun to make incredibly healthy and delicious!!
  • mseketa
    mseketa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same things you would normally keep around for snacks?
    -Popcorn
    -Fruit
    -Carrots and other high fiber veggies.

Though they are high in calories and fat, I find a handful of nuts to be a really good thing in terms of controlling cravings for far worse things.

If it's Dairy you're craving, it's likely a dehydration issue as a lot of dairy is what we reach for unconsciously in that scenario.

All this said, if you're hungry and you really shouldn't be eating more calories then the best recommendation I can give is the one I got from a WW leader one time:

Go brush your teeth. It will sort of mentally turn you off to the idea of eating afterwards.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am SO in love with Kale chips right now. I just made my first batch 2 nights ago and I'm hooked. They're insanely easy to make and fantastic. I'm not a chip lover nor a kale lover but I'm crazy about these kale chips!!!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I had this problem tonight actually i just made a sandwich with whole wheat bread white turkey meat low fat miracle whip fat free american cheese it was only 254 calories :)