Egg Rolls Hungry Girl Style

Options
rachi20024
rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
This has been posted before, but I just made them and they are AWESOME! So for those of you looking for a healthy party food this is sure to please your guest. And you can have 2 rolls for 189 calories! They are big and flavorful. Enjoy!

Here is the Hungry Girl recipe:

Ingredients:
6 large square egg roll wrappers (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the other Asian items)
4 cups (about half of a 12-oz. bag) dry coleslaw mix
One 6-oz. can (4 oz. drained) tiny shrimp, drained
1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into strips
1/4 cup bean sprouts, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced widthwise
2 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. salt
dash pepper
Optional: sweet & sour sauce, for dipping

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place slaw mix in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. of water, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain any excess water, and transfer slaw mix to a large bowl. Add all other ingredients except for the wrappers, mix well, and set aside. (For more intense flavor, allow mixture to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.) Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it lightly with nonstick spray.

Place two egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Evenly distribute about 1/2 cup of the mixture onto each wrapper, in a row a little below the center. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly.

Fold the sides of each wrapper about 3/4-inch towards the middle, to keep the mixture from falling out of the sides. Then, roll the bottom of each wrapper up around the mixture, and continue rolling until you reach the top. Seal the outside edge with another dab of water. Carefully transfer egg rolls to the baking sheet.

Repeat process twice with remaining wrappers and filling, making sure you have a clean, dry surface each time.

Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. If you like, dip egg rolls in some sweet & sour sauce!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 2 egg rolls
Calories: 189
Fat: 0.75g
Sodium: 949mg
Carbs: 33.5g
Fiber: 3.5g
Sugars: 5g
Protein: 12.5g

POINTS® value 3*

HG Alternative! If you're not into shrimp so much, just swap 'em for 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms and you'll have fantastic veggie egg rolls. Woohoo!

Replies

• Delley08
    Delley08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks fo sharing!!!
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    bumping to have in my topics! thanks!
  • pgailok
    Options
    Great Recipe. Thanks a bunch!:flowerforyou:
  • Wendy_d
    Wendy_d Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds very yummy, thanks 4 sharing!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    bump-a-roo! Thanks!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I'll have to try making them this week :happy:
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yum! I was just craving egg rolls and told myself I'd have to just let it go! Can't wait to make these!!!
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    those look super yummy...and I LOVE eggrolls!
    Beth
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I actually made these this week. They were pretty good.

I did buy sweet and sour sauce to go with them, but didn't care for the brand I bought (Kikkoman), any other suggestions?
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    bump. Looks great.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I actually made these this week. They were pretty good.

I did buy sweet and sour sauce to go with them, but didn't care for the brand I bought (Kikkoman), any other suggestions?

We go to our local Asian Market for our sauces. If you have a local Asian Market I would start there we use a sweet chili sauce that is really good. It is less expensive than what you would purchase in a regular grocery store as well.
  • Gidget86
    Options
    I am definately going to try these tomorrow night!
    They sound delicious thanks
  • Gidget86
    Options
    I am definately going to try these tomorrow night!
    They sound delicious thanks
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I've made these twice now, and both times I was able to make 8 (4 servings) instead of 6 (3 servings) that the recipe says.
    With more servings it came out to 142 calories. I used the exact measurements of the ingredients and even left out the water chestnuts and still had more filling to make 2 more egg rolls than it said.
  • broganpamela
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this great sounding recipe... it sounds perfect for Sunday's game!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!!!! Can't wait to try them..
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    bump for my recipe box
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMPITTY BUMP...