Need some help..please!

I'm going out this friday for a night out around town, i've tried to back out of it but i can't leave my friend to go on her own. Thing is i'm being so strict, i don't want to go over on my calorie limit! Can anyone offer any tips or drinks i can have instead? I don't want to ruin my diet? So i was thinking hardly any drink but a lot of dancing haha?

Replies

• PurpleCoyote
    PurpleCoyote Posts: 24 Member
    I'm going out this friday for a night out around town, i've tried to back out of it but i can't leave my friend to go on her own. Thing is i'm being so strict, i don't want to go over on my calorie limit! Can anyone offer any tips or drinks i can have instead? I don't want to ruin my diet? So i was thinking hardly any drink but a lot of dancing haha?

A lot of dancing will help :)
    Just don't drink alcohol! That will cut most of the calories out. My soft drink of choice is cranberry juice with soda water and lime - it still has sugars in from the juice but it's counteracted a bit.
    Or, pace yourself - plan how many drinks you're going to have, do a workout before to 'earn' a few drinks, alternate the alcohol with water and have a good time :)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Let yourself enjoy a night every now and then. I'm sure you deserve it. Lots of dancing will definitely help. My suggestions: Eat before you go out so you're not tempted to go overboard with food. If you're going to drink alcohol, have a glass or two of water after each one. And maybe limit yourself to no more than one drink every two hours.

Or you can offer to be the designated driver.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    workout today for the next 3 days, and save some of the cals from each day for Friday night.
  • I always know what i'm going to drink before i go out so i can work it off before i go! beer is easiest for me when going out and michelob ultra only has 3 carbs a beer! I also am very strict with my calories so I know how you feel- try to decide what you want to drink before you go..and dance a lot!!:drinker:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Eat light before you go
    Have one drink early in the evening with a seltzer mixer. Or white wine. I'm sure you can find space for it in your calories.
    Look up the available appetizers and figure out which ones are least caloric. If you're lucky you can find the appetizers on-line. Things like chicken appetizers or wings aren't bad at all - just don't go for a lot (or any) dip
    Eat before you go.
    Have an appetizer - especially soup - eat slowly and fill up

And dance.

If you go over a little - a few hundred calories - you will almost definitely make it up dancing, but if you don't you can make it up Saturday.

Have fun.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    The big thing to avoid is mixed drinks, since you can't be sure of the calorie content. However, if you don't go overboard, you can still enjoy drinks like beer, rum and diet coke, cape cod, etc. Since you are going dancing, I'm assuming that this isn't the sort of situation where you can buy one drink and then nurse it throughout the evening.
  • I normally have, vodka and energy drinks but being on a diet thats a big no no! So i'm going to take everyones advice and have one but make it last me and not go over board! And just hopefully dance it, i don't want to get drunk i just want to have fun :D