Progress Pics, 111lbs lost, advice wanted please!

Options
2»

Replies

• georgie181
    Options
    You look great! well done. This is what I think, my family have started the don't lose too much weight line, apart from my mum, who realises its a health and fitness journey, rather then a weight loss one. I have a target weight of of 140lbs and I am 5'6 and of a medium build, current weight is 153lbs, but I plan to build muscle so I may go lower then this then work my way back up. Anyway it depends on what look your going for and for your height it doesn't sound extremely excessive, but maybe up it a little a pound or 2. Don't listen too peoples opinions, you will find alot of it is jealousy. just eat healthily and exercise and be patient because this last bit is the hardest as I am finding sigh...............
  • phwema
    Options
    I would say that wherever YOU feel the most comfortable and confident, then that is your perfect size. You are beautiful before and now!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Great job at all the weight lost, I myself am 5'1" and am aiming for 115lbs, like others have said 100lbs may be too small, but its your body and as you get to the weights you can decide how you feel. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!

I think you look great, but like some other people are saying, 120 would be a good goal. You look good as you were. Maybe maintain your weight for a while and see how you feel? Then work your calories down as you see fit!

Congrats!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation! I am just starting my mega weight loss journey. I focus more on being consistent with workouts and eating healthy than what the scale says. I think that if you focus on just maintaining your healthy choices and challenging yourself physically (start some weight training and toning if you don't already) then your body will just find that place where it want's to be. People I have talked to that have reached their goal on the scale say the scale fluctuates between 5-10 lbs above and below their goal and they still have to pay attention to their diet and exercise. You do look amazing though!
  • GaidenJade
    Options
    When I first started MFP I set a goal for 180. I bit high I know, (I am 5'10 so it's a bit different for me) but I haven't ever been that small and I didn't know how I would look at that point or if I was even able to get there. Now that I am getting closer I can see the finish line. However my weight loss journey isn't just about my weight. It's also how I see myself. And the reason I am telling this to you is because I get the impression you are going through something similar.

To me I am still a big girl and though I can really see the difference....... at times I swear I gain it all back and I feel a humongous as I did when I started. So when I reach my goal I plan on maintaining for a while. Let my skin catch up, my mind catch up and prove to myself I can maintain. Then after a few months, of adjusting to this new me, I can decide if I wish to lose more. I'll be more educated at what my body will look and feel like and perhaps that would be a good route for you.

It doesn't matter what others say, but YOU have to be comfortable with YOU. It's not all physical, it's also about how you see yourself.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Holy sh1t!!! What a transformation!!! You look fantastic!!
  • ShannelHawkes
    Options
    Wow! You look great! It all goes down to how YOU feel. Just tell people that it is a PERSONAL matter and you will decide for YOURSELF whether or not you will loose more weight. If they say anything negative about that, tell them it's extremely rude for them to make unsolicited comments and that if you WANT their opinion, you will ask for it.
    P.s. To quote the great Chuck Berry: It's a free country honey! Live like you wanna live!
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    You are looking FABULOUS!!!!!!! My opinion is fairly simple... Do what you think is best!!!!! :) You have already accomplised SOOOOOO MUCH!!! You know what you're doing girl :) NO DOUBTS!
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" and I know exactly how you feel. My goal weight is 120 which is right at the top of a healthy bmi for my height. With you being taller (but not a lot taller) I'd say you might want to just shoot for 120 as well and see how it is...100 could be too gaunt and there is NOTHING wrong with having curves. Myself, I rarely see the smaller self in the mirror that people tell me I've become...and it can be very frustrating. Shopping is very frustrating because I still shop for the big girl. I've made huge strides in Jean sizes and purchase those that fit...but I still wear huge shirts. I wish I had some magic advice. I really do. All I can say is this journey is not an easy one and we ourselves are often not the best judges. Listen to the people that you trust. Maybe somewhere along the way that's how we learn to trust ourselves.

You look fantastic!
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think the opinions of others can be very valuable depending on who they are and what is their likely motivation. I havent lost any where near the amount you have but still struggle to 'see' what I look like. I can not seem to see how fat I get, or how slim I can be. As someone who has always gone up and down, I have probably not spent enough time any where for poor brain too catch up. So, I find the input of select few others helpful and other opinions I ignore. They don't make the decision for me, but I factor the opinions in.

Ignore. example some of my female colleagues who are obese tell me I have to stop. Hmmm, suspect motivation.

Listen. My husband, he likes me slim and doesn't fancy me when I am overweight, but neither does he like me all bones. My G.P. he gives me a medical view but also takes my age into account. My mother, she wants the best for me, but is very realistic and will soon tell me when I go too far either way.

Congratulations on your phenomenal success. Hope you continue to get to where you want
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This! I have lost 29 lbs since February and currently weigh 145 and am 5' 5" . I get people all the time saying you don't need to lose anymore weight. However, they do not see what I look like naked or that extra vajjiglejaggle that I have in my thighs and my stomach. I am at a healthy BMI (high range) and my BF % is at 30%. So my goal now is to get that BF% down into a healthy range. I am going to aim for 135 and see where that takes me.
    Great job losing btw. You look beautiful!

I understand what you mean on not seeing yourself the way other people do. I lost 110lbs, I still got about 60lbs to hit my goal weight. You can't go by scale weight to hit your goal, you should go by body fat. I think when I am in the "normal body fat" range I will still see myself over weight. So I will use a body fat% to know I am in a normal range.

Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart1.jpg
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you want to reassure yourself that you're within a healthy range try thse tools - do this one first

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

then feed the results into this one

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/

and they give you your ideal weight

(sorry, did format the links to be clickable but site seems to be having lots of problems atm)

PS: They're not feeding your ego, you ARE stunning :happy:
  • zoe1945
    Options
    You have done such a great job! Only you can decide what is best for you. May I suggest looking at each part of your body seperately in the mirror. Sometimes the overall picture is too much for our poor brains that are still stuck in fat mode. So look at each body part seperately and see what you like or dont like about each part of you its a way of fooling our brain. Once you determine if there are any area you are not crazy about you can adjust your exercise accordingly. Good luck you are beautiful!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Holy ****, you look FANTASTIC. As for your mindset, they say it takes roughly 3 months after weight loss/goal reaching before your perception changes--so you could try maintaining for three months, not only as a test for sustainability, but as a chance to let your brain catch up to your body.

As for if you, right now, are truly wondering if you want to lose more weight, I think it's better to aim for a body fat percentage than a "weight" number, particularly if you're lifting.

Try using this calculator to figure it out; you may be surprised to find your ideal body fat percentage is a higher weight than you thought (since it's more measurement based).
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • lululucky1
    lululucky1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You r beautiful...for your height I would be happy in the 120 to 125 range....strength train and u will see great results. I'm 5 ft at 120, size 2/4...strength train a lot. Ideally my goal is 115 to 118.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the responses. It's given me a lot to think about. I really have to stop comparing myself to others, even if it's not in a negative way it still affects me negatively, And my focus needs to go back to love and respect for myself inside of the scale. My body will know what to do I just need to take care of it the way I'm supposed to and just be healthy :)
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    I think you look fabulous! I have a few friends at 5'2" and they're usually down to 135-140, I think you're safe if you wanted to lose 10-15 lbs still :) just my friendly advise
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing sometimes..people think I'm small enough. I'm 5'2" and I started at 164.2..I'm now 119.7. Started at a tight 12/14 in pants and XL in shirts down to a size 5 in pants and a S/M in shirts. I still see areas I could improve on and wouldn't mind going to 115 but everyone says I'm small enough. My husband didn't even want me to go smaller than 135 so he definitely has his opinions about me stopping the weight loss now. I'm in this for ME..I did this for ME..and I'm gonna get to where I want to be and where I'm going to be happy. For your height, which is mine as well, 120 is not an unreasonable weight or goal to have! Good luck on your continued journey and you look GREAT!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If you want to reassure yourself that you're within a healthy range try thse tools - do this one first

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

then feed the results into this one

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/

and they give you your ideal weight

(sorry, did format the links to be clickable but site seems to be having lots of problems atm)

PS: They're not feeding your ego, you ARE stunning :happy:

These are good tools. I also think focusing on a body fat percentage may be a better idea than weight, particularly since weight fluctuates. Really great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!