i need a new car help me pick

Options
moran1917
moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
I am wondering if you were in the market to buy a new/used car what would you want to purchase and why? Or do you love the vehicle you currently drive? Why?

Replies

• tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    What is your price range and do you want a car or SUV or truck ??
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If money were no object...a brand new BMW 750LI

but money is an object so I'd instead be looking at a year or two old BMW 3 series.

;-)

For now, though, Im totally 100% happy with my '05 BMW 330xi, black with black interior, silver inside trim and 6 speed manual transmission.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My next car will either be a Mercedes C-class or a Jeep(the cool kind lol)
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love my Kia Sorento.......It is a SUV but a smaller one. I love that it is like a car but also has 4wd. Seats fold down if I need to haul something. And good gas mileage also.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Get one of these.

Citroen-GT-Playstation-0.jpg
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    we just got a 2011 kia optima 2 weeks ago and we love it. Is sporty, sleek, roomy and smooth ride
  • horndave
    Options
    Honda Accord. Relatively inexpensive, great gas mileage, good resell value, and very comfortable.

however, I have been eyeing a dodge Challenger.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would get another Kia. I love the Rio I have now and the dealership that I work with. I would probably get a Sedona or some variation of an van or SUV from them as my 14yo son is now 6ft tall and is having issues fitting in my subcompact. My mother has a Sedona and I love the way it handles (I driven it often) and my brother the Soul. They love theirs too.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if you were in the market to buy a new/used car what would you want to purchase and why? Or do you love the vehicle you currently drive? Why?

It depends on what you need a vehicle for. Do you have kids? Pets? A trailer/bike rack, kayaks? Do you have a long commute to work, or is it through town?

I need more details before I can give you a suggestion :)
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Wrangler. May never drive anything else. MPG scuks but I make up for it by skimping elsewhere.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I really like the looks of the Honda CR-Vs. However, my budget is a little tight so would probably look to a Honda Civic. I also like the looks of the new Ford Focus Hatchbacks.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought a new nissan titan king cab sports edition
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I will always drive a Honda.

Great on gas, not too expensive and can get all the bells and whistles, and they hold their value well.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well my old car was a honda accord and i liked it fine till that lady ran the red light and crashed into me and wrote it off. I was not even thinking new car. So I went to look the other day and realized I have no idea about cars. The dealer would say let me show you a toyota matrix and I was like a what now?

I use my car to get back and forth to work, groceries, take my dogs hiking in the bush, occasional out of town travel for work. I am also in the process of adoption so now I have to consider how a child will influence my choice of car too. Oh, but no mini-vans.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

It depends on what you need a vehicle for. Do you have kids? Pets? A trailer/bike rack, kayaks? Do you have a long commute to work, or is it through town?

I need more details before I can give you a suggestion :)

^^^^ What she said.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I leased a 2012 Hyundai Elantra last year - traded in a Jeep Compass. I get new cars every 2.5-3 yrs. I love my car - the gas milage is great, it rides well, it fits 5 people comfortably and I have all the options that cost thousands more in other cars. With the prices on used cars right now being so high, I wouldn't even consider getting anything but new. I've had my car 14 months, have almost 11,000 miles on it and I've seen ones a year older than mine selling for more than what I paid originally - the same car with the same options but higher milage. It's crazy! But have fun car-shopping - do lots of research first. It's one of my favorite things to do! (an expensive bad habit - lol). Did I mention we love my car so much we will probably do the lease buy-out next year & get rid of hubby's car? NOTE: The car is awesome for safety, too. I actually leased a 2011 same car - but totalled it by someone in a Land Rover. The car was a mess - the only thing that happened to me was when my side of the car bounced against hers, my glasses got smashed off and twisted from the air bag. I didn't have a scratch on me, I was just sore.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have a Nissan Altima. Its ok, but not my favorite vehicle.:ohwell:
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the Ford Fusion which I love. My boyfriend has a Scion which is very roomy and unique. I also really like the Nissan Juke. Its a quirky car.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have a 2004 Acura TSX with almost 140K on it and I love it! If I were to buy a new car tomorrow, it would be another TSX. The new body style came out in 2009 so I'd get a used new body style. Acura also has a new entry level car, an ILX and it starts at $26K brand new. It's super cute!!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i have a 2000 honda accord and i'm looking to buy a new/used car SOON (hopefully before winter gets too bad). my honda is okay, but it's old and is starting to have lots of problems. it does have ~180,000 miles on it, so they do last and it rides great.

i have always wanted an audi (a4's are nice) but i'm looking at a mazda3 for now. we'll see!