"Modern" wheat = "poison"

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    in my opinion if your one of us that suffer from constant cravings, easy weight gain, and sluggishness it might do you good to at least try cutting out wheat and sugar to see if it helps you, as it did me, and countless others. if your one of the many people that doesn't suffer from symptoms it maybe isn't for you, but i do hope we will continue to at least get research going into that area.
  • madmish00
    Options
    I'm going to go and lie in a darkened room and wait to die.

I have eaten cereal, bread and pasta over the last couple of days. Not to mention all the other deadly carbs

And if all of that doesn't get me I'm pretty sure the eggs and dairy will

I'll join you. We can comfort each other.

Maybe I can join you both and it can be a party haha :drinker:

Edit lmao I think its time for me to go exercise for today I have to much energy...

You probably should. ;-)

ok ok fine i'm going i'm going.. I was just procrastinating the work out was all... :wink:

STOP! Don't you know exercise will kill you! :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go and lie in a darkened room and wait to die.

I have eaten cereal, bread and pasta over the last couple of days. Not to mention all the other deadly carbs

And if all of that doesn't get me I'm pretty sure the eggs and dairy will

I'll join you. We can comfort each other.

Maybe I can join you both and it can be a party haha :drinker:

Edit lmao I think its time for me to go exercise for today I have to much energy...

You probably should. ;-)

ok ok fine i'm going i'm going.. I was just procrastinating the work out was all... :wink:

STOP! Don't you know exercise will kill you! :noway:

100% of people and animals who exercise die.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    According to Amazon, Dr. Davis is just another "low carb" advocate

http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/product-reviews/1609611543/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

So he's promoting his gluten free diets.

Ask the people of Paris, France about wheat-free diets, lol. BTW, a baguette in Paris is just 60p, and they are stick thin women and men there. They look amazing and they eat baguettes all the time.

Just more bs from another "low carb" advocate.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I find this guy's claims dubious at best. I mean, the topic deserves further study, but there are alternate explanations for many of his claims. For instance, celiac is rising, true, but it is doing so alongside many other auto-immune conditions and thus probably has a common cause with them. In general, carbs of all kinds are extremely calorie-dense, which is why they are the staples of most human diets but good to avoid for people trying to lose weight.
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I find this guy's claims dubious at best. I mean, the topic deserves further study, but there are alternate explanations for many of his claims. For instance, celiac is rising, true, but it is doing so alongside many other auto-immune conditions and thus probably has a common cause with them. In general, carbs of all kinds are extremely calorie-dense, which is why they are the staples of most human diets but good to avoid for people trying to lose weight.
    ill always be skeptical when someone is profiting from his opinion. he has a book to sell. but there could still be some truth to it, and maybe not
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Meh. Eat whatever you want. I don't eat grains right now because they affect my Crohn's disease. If I didn't have Crohn's disease, I would eat the s**t out of wheat.

Bottomline, everything will kill you if you abuse it. That includes eating 3000-5000 calories a day without exercise.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    mmm... I still love beer though.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    WOW.. you guys are ruthless. it is just info, and what whatever works ... It's not like she is on a knuckle diet... Christ almighty..
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I posted the article because I thought it was interesting. I appreciate all those who posted responses that contribute to discussion of the article whether they were in support of the article or opposing views. The article refuting Dr. Davis's findings was also very interesting.

I would appreciate it if those who post just to banter and make sarcastic remarks would refrain from doing so.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I liked Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis and it is one of the reasons I no longer eat gluten. That and the decreased joint pain, bloating, diarrhea, acne, gas, etc...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Meh. Eat whatever you want. I don't eat grains right now because they affect my Crohn's disease. If I didn't have Crohn's disease, I would eat the s**t out of wheat.

Bottomline, everything will kill you if you abuse it. That includes eating 3000-5000 calories a day without exercise.

^^^^^Well said!!!!!! Agreed!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    bump