New to this forum. Need motivation & support

Options
I've been using my fitness pal on and off since last October and lost 36 pounds but gained 8 back. i'm losing motivation and getting upset. I hope to find some motivation and support from you guys. Feel free to friend me :)

Replies

• ashleydv70
    ashleydv70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Think about how long it took you to gain the weight. This is a new lifestyle for most of us. Put down everything you eat. Add me as a friend if you want. There are many good people out there. Just look at some of the success stories. I do whenever I need motivation.
  • ErtaisLament
    ErtaisLament Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's still a tremendous success! What's eroding your resolve?
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You know what really motivates me. I look at the before and after pictures and it just amazes me. I know if others can do it, I can do it too. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can motivate each other. Good luck.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can do this. We are all here to support one another. Take it one pound at a time. Your doing great. Bless you If you need support add me. I love encouraging my friends. Peace :smile:
  • ashleydv70
    ashleydv70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind words. I guess I just stopped being motivated when the summer came around and I regained back some of the weight. I keep thinking to myself, "damn I tried so hard to lose weight and then gained some back". It's just tough knowing I fell off the wagon. However, I'm back on!
  • ErtaisLament
    ErtaisLament Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! Although having eight pounds claw its way back is certainly cause for momentary disappointment, you only let it win if it leads to undoing all of the rest of your hard work. If someone went back in time to you at your starting weight and said, "hey, guess what, on 12 September you'll have lost almost thirty pounds," I imagine you'd have been delighted!
  • Kat082
    Options
    welcome back on the wagon!! add me for support and we can all get to goals together!!! Everyone falls off the wagon some time or another, but the thing that matters is that you got back on and that's awesome.