ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I would prefer the padded grip too, but I figure I guess I can wrap them or something. We'll see. I'm going to check ****'s this weekend and if they don't have anything (in stock) that I like I'm just going to order those.

edited - ok apparently my sporting goods store name got edited out for being a bad word... hahahahahaha (D*ck's)

That is too funny - one of my friends was price checking yak trax at various stores and decided to check out that sport gooding store only the sporting goods store isn't what she found on that website:laugh:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I everyone.... so I just started the ChaLean program this past Friday and I loved it so far! Is it too late to join this gourp?? I need to buy some more resistance bands. I found some at Wal-mart that I was thinking about getting, I just have no idea what the resistance is tho.... Any suggestions?

I am following WW points for my eating and this workout for my exercise. After I get into it more, I will probably add in my own cardio on my rest days.

Who is actually following her food guide also??
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I everyone.... so I just started the ChaLean program this past Friday and I loved it so far! Is it too late to join this gourp?? I need to buy some more resistance bands. I found some at Wal-mart that I was thinking about getting, I just have no idea what the resistance is tho.... Any suggestions?

I am following WW points for my eating and this workout for my exercise. After I get into it more, I will probably add in my own cardio on my rest days.

Who is actually following her food guide also??

It's never to late...LOL....I am not doing resistance, but weights...I actually have not started it yet, but have the program...hope to start it Monday with the hubby!
    Yes, log in with us and chat!!!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm a newby to ChaLean as well. In fact, I just ordered it today. Then went out and bought a set of weights. Can't wait for it to arrive. I hope it doesn't end up as garage sale material LOL! But from what each of you has said so far, I'm hopeful it will be great.
  • jenstalder
    Options
    The resistance is by the color of the bands but make sure that it feels good to you. If you need more coil the bands on the floor to make them shorter.....

If you are looking for resistance bands... they are aplus because you only need one set instead of many diff. free weights.
    I do have them on my website and range everywhere from 20.00 dollars and up. They are explained on how the weights are with them.. http://www.beachbodycoach.com/stalder
    look for them under the shp tab.

I have had others that bought them at walmart but broke on them.. these I know are guaranteed!!!! Hope you find some that work for you...

they range in 15 lbs-50 lbs...
    Good luck to you.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Melissa- thanks for the welcome! Good luck on starting the program tomorrow!

Yogarunner- I have only done a couple workouts and I already just feel better! I feel like I am getting something done! :laugh: I love it so far and I think you will too!

Jen- thanks for the advice! I was worried that the ones at Wal-Mart may be too cheap to last. I'll look on that site to see what I want to do

Well, I have done the 2nd workout in CE! That one kicked my booty.... it was that bowling move!:sad: My legs were shaking! I like it a lot so far!

How is everyone else doing??
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Looking forward to starting the Push phase today! I really haven't noticed a huge drop in weight but overall my body is much more firm. I'm still working out 6 days a week and can tell that the Burn Intervals and Burn It Off are getting easier each time. I didn't originally purchase the more intense versions so I may order those to celebrate the end of Burn phase.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Melissa- thanks for the welcome! Good luck on starting the program tomorrow!

Yogarunner- I have only done a couple workouts and I already just feel better! I feel like I am getting something done! :laugh: I love it so far and I think you will too!

Jen- thanks for the advice! I was worried that the ones at Wal-Mart may be too cheap to last. I'll look on that site to see what I want to do

Well, I have done the 2nd workout in CE! That one kicked my booty.... it was that bowling move!:sad: My legs were shaking! I like it a lot so far!

How is everyone else doing??

The Bowler's lunge is a killer isn't it - I would say that one and the screamers in Burn It Off really make me feel it to the Max!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Good morning,

Sorry I didn't check in all weekend, I have 2 exams coming up on Tuesday so I did my best to study all weekend!

Welcome jenstadler, YogaRunner, and Jessica T2007 - good luck to all of you! :wink:

duffyzmom - I am also starting the Push phase today!! I purchased some heavier dumbbells this weekend so I hope to see a lot of change during this month...

I woke up at like 5:0 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep (I am totally worried about those tests!) so I got up and did my C25K run. I am going to repeat week 3 again as I am still no entirely comfortable with it...

Have a great week everyone!
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Thanks ZeldaCat! Good luck with your exams and your C25K! As someone who went from never running to running two half marathons and a full marathon in the span of a year...you can do it!!! Here's to you!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    ZeldaCat! Good Luck with your exams - 2 in one day cannot be fun. I finished Push Circuit 1 and probably will increase some of the weights next week. I'm somewhere between Laylee and Janelle on upper body but between Janelle and Chalene on lower. The only exercise that really bothered me was the one legged squat but I found that if I rested the other foot up off the ground it seemed easier on my knees.
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    YogaRunner - Man, I can't wait until I can run a marathon!! I am planning on starting with a 5K this June. It's hard as I have NEVER run before but I am liking it a lot so far. I really have to push myself.

duffysmom - Thanks! This is my first semester in college and I really want great grades so I'm stressing over these exams (2 of the hardest subject for me: biology and math)! I have not done PC1 yet, I plan to do it after work today, I'm excited! Will let you know how it went...
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks ZeldaCat! Good luck with your exams and your C25K! As someone who went from never running to running two half marathons and a full marathon in the span of a year...you can do it!!! Here's to you!

I agree! I used to say I wasn't a runner! I've now done 4 halfs - doing my 5th in February and my 6th in May and have also done 4 full marathons - anyone can be a runner! Just takes persistance, patience and dedication! you can totally do it.

If it makes all you ChaLeaner's feel better I think lifting weights has totally helped my running. It has not only made me stronger but faster too!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Its Monday & February so I am excited because tonight I am starting the LEAN phase of CE! I am going to probably go running first or do Turbo Kick and then I am going to do the first LEAN circuit. I am really excited! Glad to hear you are all doing great!

I hope to run a 10K this summer..I ran a little over 6 miles on Saturday and I'm hoping I can keep it up and increase my distance so I can someday run a half marathon, and then a marathon. That would be awesome!
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Dawna - Fantastic. Being someone who just ordered my first DVD workout video, and being afraid I won't stick with it, its nice to hear from someone further along in the program maintaining her energy for it. Very motivating! :smile:
    As for your running goals...awesome! Take your time so you don't get injured. I think they say to increase your mileage no more than 10 percent per week to avoid injury. I didn't listen at first and ended up with a stress fracture in my knee...yuck!:sad:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, after reading how excited everyone is I am going to order CE....everyone seems very impressed by the program and I can't wait until I have the same experience...I am also doing the C25K program, today I finished wk2 day 1..I also do JM 30 day shred and sometimes celebrity fit club boot camp, and I love my eliptical...

I will have to get heavier weights because I currently only own 1lb, 3lb and 5lb dumb bells...thanks everyone for giving me the push I needed to go out and get this:flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Dawna - Fantastic. Being someone who just ordered my first DVD workout video, and being afraid I won't stick with it, its nice to hear from someone further along in the program maintaining her energy for it. Very motivating! :smile:
    As for your running goals...awesome! Take your time so you don't get injured. I think they say to increase your mileage no more than 10 percent per week to avoid injury. I didn't listen at first and ended up with a stress fracture in my knee...yuck!:sad:

Great advice, thank you! It has taken me since August 2009 to get to 6 miles. When I wasn't really into running I would just run about 2-3 miles....to get the endurance to run 6 miles has taken a while. But, the 10% per week is a good way to make sure to avoid injury for sure. I am going to start keeping track of that. Thanks!
    BTW- how many days a week do you run, or do you recommend running? I typically run 3 times a week and I always wonder if I should run more. I feel good about 3 times a week....because I add other types of cardio in between. Just curious. thanks!
  • adlopez_4
    Options
    i just started the p90x last week and I am on week two any one else starting that would like to join me on this journey? I am doing the lean version, i need to loose the fat and tone up. and tips from those starting the Chilean or have done any of the beachbody ? Ithis kick you butt but I am ready!!:happy: :happy:
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Great advice, thank you! It has taken me since August 2009 to get to 6 miles. When I wasn't really into running I would just run about 2-3 miles....to get the endurance to run 6 miles has taken a while. But, the 10% per week is a good way to make sure to avoid injury for sure. I am going to start keeping track of that. Thanks!
    BTW- how many days a week do you run, or do you recommend running? I typically run 3 times a week and I always wonder if I should run more. I feel good about 3 times a week....because I add other types of cardio in between. Just curious. thanks!

I used to run 3 days a week and ran 3 out of the 4 marathon using the schedule. Keep in mind I wasn't running them in any spectacular time but I was having fun and stayin injury free. For Marine Corp - which I did in October I did 4 days a week and did some intense training. I didn't make my goal time but mainly b/c I was way over trained!

That being said, I think you have to figure out what works for your body! If you add a day to your run days add an easy day. If you want to run a race and "finish" then 3 days a week is fine, especially since you do other category. I think it's important to find what works for your body and mind. It's not fun to run if you don't want to run :smile:

I have quite a few people who I've helped train for varying distances so if you need some advice drop me an email - I would be happy to help!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hi everyone, after reading how excited everyone is I am going to order CE....everyone seems very impressed by the program and I can't wait until I have the same experience...I am also doing the C25K program, today I finished wk2 day 1..I also do JM 30 day shred and sometimes celebrity fit club boot camp, and I love my eliptical...

I will have to get heavier weights because I currently only own 1lb, 3lb and 5lb dumb bells...thanks everyone for giving me the push I needed to go out and get this:flowerforyou:

Leslie - It's great to hear we've inspired you! I wish you the best of luck with the program - feel free to join us on this thread anytime.:smile:

adlopez - I plan to start P90X with my boyfriend as soon as I finish CE.