Newbie In OK looking for low carb buddies

Options
Hi, I'm Dee, 33 year old insurance agent living in Lawton, OK looking for low-carb buddies (or any buddies interesting in weight loss and/or getting healthy). I'm on Day 4 and have lost 6 lbs so far, but it sure is a struggle. Add me if you'd like!

Thanks!

Replies

• Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber in OK also, but I'll let you read the disclaimer on my profile and decide if you want to add me =)
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in Elk City, OK. Kinda doing a low carb, high protein diet. friend request sent.
  • EgglessKeto
    Options
    I'm doing keto - high fat, low carb!
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tulsa and trying to keep my carbs low....it is not easy!!
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also am a low carber, I will send a friend request!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high fat. Has been great for all my health indicators. In the first 8 months (August '11 to may '12) my cholesterol and triglycerides dropped 30% and returned blood glucose i well into the normal range. No more pre-diabetic indicators.
    My doctor thinks it was the fish oil. I told her it was also all the wonderful fatty meats, whole eggs, sausage, cheese.

Down 45 pounds since last August. 85 or so to go.
  • abdavison1
    Options
    I am doing low carb as well. I tried no carbs before for 2 weeks and lost like 13 pounds but it was very hard to maintain. Keep up the great work!
  • shaunydude
    Options
    i need more friends and more motivation and more people to chat to and moan about the food i cant eat but want to LOL - say hello :D
  • yvonnemoore003
    Options
    Hi there, I'm in Lawton too! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber as well - but only for the last few weeks. I actually love it, and would love to have more friends that are doing it too. ...add me! <3
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Another OK low carber here, I'm in Norman, anyone can add me if they like!
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto - high fat, low carb!

Under the guise of 'there is no stupid question'.... What is Keto?? ;-)
  • Stefanie99
    Options
    I'm doing low-carb kinda...

I'm doing 30% carbs, 35% fat, 35% protein. (I may lower the carbs as I go along, but for right now, that's a drastic reduction for me!)

Eating every 3 hours.

1,300 calorie limit.

It's kind of a little bit of everything. After trying a million different "diets", I came up with my own, lol. This is my first week so I can't tell you if it works yet. But I would love some low-carb buddies, so any low-carbers, feel free to add me! :)