I DESPERATELY NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!

Options
hi everyone! I need help! lol ok i really just need to know one thing... around 2 years ago my twin sister lost around 18-20 pounds around this same time of year.. and all i remember is her working out on the bicycle we had at my house she would do it for like a half hour to an hour everyday and she would eat healthy and not eat passed 8. But i never really paid attention to her weight loss until one day... like a month to two months in to her diet.. she just one day looked SO skinny. Keep in mind I was with her every single day so Its not like I just wasn't with her and didn't notice. She literally just one day dropped like 15 pounds offer her body...

MY QUESTION IS:

Why do you all of a sudden drop all the fat off your body at once! Or does it happen gradually and you just don't realize it?

Replies

• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Uhhhm. I've never actually seen it, but I read this article once and it seems to describe it. All my fat is always squishy, so wtf knows.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • texasgirl81
    Options
    They say it takes 12 weeks for those around you to know when you've lost weight. Maybe that's when you noticed your sister's weight loss. Also, it didn't get there overnight and it will come off gradually, the first few pounds are water weight. Hope that helps, good luck with your journey.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    um.

sorry, is this a real question? >>Why do you all of a sudden drop all the fat off your body at once! <<
    That would mean that she would have to have dropped her weight into the toilet that morning or cut off a limb.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It really is just being around a person constantly that makes you not notice subtle changes. Then one day, they wear something form-fitting, or finally buy a smaller size, etc, etc, and it pops out at you. I wish I could just drop 15lbs overnight, I'd be at goal. :bigsmile:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Did you playa hate or congratulate?
  • ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    um.

sorry, is this a real question? >>Why do you all of a sudden drop all the fat off your body at once! <<
    That would mean that she would have to have dropped her weight into the toilet that morning or cut off a limb.

ok no need to be rude.
  • ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Did you playa hate or congratulate?

congratulate definitely! i was so proud of her!
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have been VERY slowly losing weight since December. I've lost 29 lbs so far. This week, 4 different people on different occasions said that they can really see a difference. Prior to this week I had receive only one comment.

So, I think there is a tipping point where people all of a sudden notice.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I think the answer would be that the day you noticed the change, she wore clothes that fit better than she had been wearing. I still have a long way to go to my goal, so I had been putting off buying new clothes as much as possible since I would again have to buy more when those were too big as well. I did buy new pants as my old ones were literally falling off my body, but kept wearing shirts and dresses that were too big since they weren't going to fall to the floor when I stood up. It wasn't until I bought a few new tops and stopped wearing the now very baggy ones that everyone at work seemed to notice I was losing weight.
  • Culley34
    Options
    I found this saying pretty spot on...

It's 4 weeks for you to really begin feeling your weight loss (in terms of building endurance, a healthier cardio system, and especially feeling it in your clothes.

It's 8 weeks for your friends to see it -- since they typically see you often and weight loss is pretty gradual.

It's 12 weeks for everyone else to see it.

Whenever I lost weight - it started in my face. So, it was pretty easy for people to notice it.
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends sees me 4 days a week at work in my work clothes which are jeans and usually (since it is winter bulky jumpers/jackets) - I went with her to the gym in our local town the other day (first time ever) - I wore workout clothes - leggings and a huge TShirt - mind you I am still really large - but she couldn't believe how much weight I have lost - since 12 months ago I was 137 kg or 302 lbs now the other week I was 110kg or 242 lb - I had lost a lot of weight but it is just the way it is when you are around people all the time.