Shakeology

Options
I've recently ordered shakeology hoping to receive it sometime this week ... I'm really hoping this will help lose the last 12lbs... My weight has been fluctuating between 131-134lbs the last 3 months
Annoyed I'm ready to get rid of these last 12lbs and go into maintenance .... Anyone get good results w/ shakeology ?

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I joined a 10-day "Shakeology Shake Up." Today was day 8. I like it and I lost 5 pounds this past week. I will say that I was sent packets of both the original chocolate and the new superfoods formula chocolate, and the latter has a bitter aftertaste that is hard to tolerate. I read about it online and people swear that your taste buds get used to it and that it is better for you. My favorite recipe with the chocolate Shakeology is 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (30 cal) + 1/2 cup water + 1 small banana + either 1 TBSP sunflower seed butter or 1 TBSP PB2 (that powdered peanut butter).
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A diet isn't the way to keep the weight off - you'll lose it, and then when you start eating real food again, what do you think will happen?

Before you start this shakeology diet fad - take a look at what you can change about your current diet and exercise to get you out of your plateau.

Good luck!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet I'm just using it to replace some of my snacking it's healthier and less calories I've lost 50lbs eating between 1200-1590 cal but I know the last 10lbs are the hardest lose so I wanted something to get me out of my plateau and shake things up again .... I dnt starve myself and I work out 6 days a week sometimes 7...
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's a diet - the people who swear by it drink it every day for years.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I joined a 10-day "Shakeology Shake Up." Today was day 8. I like it and I lost 5 pounds this past week. I will say that I was sent packets of both the original chocolate and the new superfoods formula chocolate, and the latter has a bitter aftertaste that is hard to tolerate. I read about it online and people swear that your taste buds get used to it and that it is better for you. My favorite recipe with the chocolate Shakeology is 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (30 cal) + 1/2 cup water + 1 small banana + either 1 TBSP sunflower seed butter or 1 TBSP PB2 (that powdered peanut butter).

Oh ok that's cool cant wait to get mine ; )
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey Ive doing shakeology for a couple of weeks now. I love it and love the taste of it. Ive lost only a couple of pounds but i havent been very good on my other eatting so its totally my own doing. I hope you like it!
  • MrsSS
    Options
    I've been using shakeology as a meal replacement drink for the last year & I love it. I love the chocolate with 8 oz dark chocolate almond milk (by Silk) + 4 oz water + 1 scoop of PB2 (powdered peanut butter). I find that you must add extra water than what it calls for to make the taste & texture right. I'm not a fan of banana in my shakeology, find it makes it thick & frothy. I'm down 43 lbs w/Shakeology but I also have incorporated a regular exercise routine into my life. You'll do great!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I took Shakeology for about 3 months and didn't see much weight loss other than what came out of my wallet...I didn't enjoy the flavors the chalkiness and wish you luck when you get yours.
  • skjerve12
    skjerve12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for a month now....not sure if it is contributing to any weight loss, but I can honestly say I feel way better, and have tons of energy.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just a protein powder. There are many on the market, a lot of them are just as god as Shakeology as far as taste and nutrition and they cost a lot less money. If it fits in your budget and you like it, go for it. But there are other protein powders on the market that are just as good for half the cost.
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use half a scoop of Shakeology (the new chocolate Vegan, although I liked the old one soooo much better), a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a scoop of vibrant green, and 12oz unsweetened almond milk. Had that every morning for the last 3 months. Tastes great to me. Ultimately yes I could do without the Shakeology and use something else, but I haven't felt a need to.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    A diet isn't the way to keep the weight off - you'll lose it, and then when you start eating real food again, what do you think will happen?

Before you start this shakeology diet fad - take a look at what you can change about your current diet and exercise to get you out of your plateau.

Good luck!

How is it a fad? It's one shake a day. A lot of people already do that as part of their normal routine. You can add as much to the shake as you want for as many calories/macros as you want. Beachbody supports eating to fuel the body. Maybe you should research before you bash.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am personally happy with Shakeology. And it's not just about the weight loss. My skin actually cleared up after I began drinking it, after a long bout with some major breakouts. I feel better overall. Yeah I am losing weight, but I am also back to clean eating and a lot of water (not working out due to a bad car accident recently). I just try different things to jazz up the flavor - coconut, almond extract, mint extract, Torani sugar free syrups, bananas, frozen strawberries, etc. Play around with it a little.
  • alyssahaws
    alyssahaws Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing p90x and drinking shakeology since january of this year and have lost 25 pounds. Shakeology has helped me control my cravings and has simplified nutrition for me when I'm on the go :) Love it. My husband just started drinking shakeology this month and has lost 10 pounds already. Hopefully he'll add exersice soon. Hope you enjoy you shakeology.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, use it.