in search for a low calorie beer

Options
I love blue moon beer but there are 170 calories in just one beer and I can easily pound 6 or 7 in a night. I know that a cheat day is okay but that is just too many calories. Does anyone suggest a decent low calorie beer, preferably a wheat one!?

Sarah

Replies

• sweetpeagal
    Options
    Try MGD 64. One bottle of beer with 64 calories. Enjoy!
  • kbarker65
    kbarker65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bud Select is only 99 calories and doesn't taste too much like a light beer. They even have a Bud Select 55 that only has 55 calories but taste a little on the light side.
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    I too am a girl who loves her beer. MGD 64 only has 64 calories, but lacks in flavor (at least for me). Most any wheat beer will be higher in cals, so maybe start with a couple of blue moons and switch over to a light beer as you near that 6-7 mark. Usually by then your not tasting the beer anyway.lol:drinker:
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love Michelob ultra which is under 100 cals a beer but not sure exact calorie count. I like the taste as well!
  • sdreamer84
    Options
    "...start with a couple of blue moons and switch over to a light beer as you near that 6-7 mark. Usually by then your not tasting the beer anyway..."

I like the way you think!! haha i will try this. hey maybe I'll even throw an orange in there to make me think I'm drinking blue moon still!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer chick. Like hard core style. Micro brews rock. And I love stouts. Ok beer snob may be the best way to put it. What I do to stay good to myself, have one of the goodies (Blue Moon for you) and then I go to Miller Light, which I know is mainstream. I've found it has the most taste for the light beers and I don't feel as guilty for gettin my drink on. And I save some cash. I will say, though, beer has been one of my biggest issues. It really has hindered my health goals and in some instances completely obliterated them. If you are slammin em to get drunk, just go for shots. Less sugar and bloat!

Happy drinking :)
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Yes and if you are planning on trying to get tipsy watch the alcohol content because some light beers are around 3%, which means you'll be drinking more of them and outweighing the low calorie benefit. Cheers!
  • sdreamer84
    Options
    3%! wow thats crazy! well with the less calories I consume and the weight that I am losing I probably will get a buzz. Only one way to find out!! haha
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You know how they make those beers 55 and 64 calories? Add a lottttttt of water. Might as well get a Blue Moon and pour a bunch of water in it :laugh: Why not drink so beers then throw a few shots in there to off-set the calorie load? That's what I would do at least, if I were trying to get hammered!
  • bayoubabe
    bayoubabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sarah- I am like you..I have a high tolerance for beer. I drink MGD 64. I have always drank lite beers so it was not a big change for me. I save my calories too just so I can have a few on the weekend at my lakehouse. (ok more than a few..LOL) My thinking is that I am really good during the week..so I can be a little bad on the weekend.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I love beer -- real beer. Pretty much the only light beer I can even come close to enjoying is Yuengling light. 99 calories (per 12 oz) and 100 billion times better than any other beer anywhere near that amount of calories.
  • sandraxo
    sandraxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I as well loooove the blue moon and will indulge in them on the weekend... however bud light wheat is really tasty and has 110 cal. Its not as low as the other ones, but it tastes pretty good!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You know how they make those beers 55 and 64 calories? Add a lottttttt of water. Might as well get a Blue Moon and pour a bunch of water in it :laugh: Why not drink so beers then throw a few shots in there to off-set the calorie load? That's what I would do at least, if I were trying to get hammered!

Be careful with that one - 80 proof whiskey has approximately 70-80 calories per ounce! At that rate you're better off switching to a low cal beer at number 3 or so like a PP suggested :drinker:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

Be careful with that one - 80 proof whiskey has approximately 70-80 calories per ounce! At that rate you're better off switching to a low cal beer at number 3 or so like a PP suggested :drinker:

Not necessarily. If you take that 12 oz light beer, has say 4% alcohol for, say, 80Cals. Then you are getting only 0.48oz of alcohol for 80Cal. If you do a shot of standard whisky or vodka (80proof = 40%alc), and a shot is 1.5oz, you get 0.6oz of alcohol for the same Calorie content. And less bulk. Chase with water or diet soda. :)

Beer rocks, but you just have to decide what it is you are after. If you like beer for the quality, no light beer is really going to suffice. Especially when you are into the full flavored beers.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to Michelob Ultra

I have started drinking this Bud Select 55 calorie beer...cant decide if I like it just yet or not...the taste doesnt seem like regular beer
  • sdreamer84
    Options
    I wonder if switching back to old self of drinking vodka and diet pop is better? I don't know how I feel about drinking beer and taking shots. The mixing might create a nasty hangover. I like there are others out there thinking how they can cut calories throughout the week to splurge on the weekend!

I think I am going to try yuengling light or maybe budlight lime. I don't like the taste of regular beer like blue or coors or bud so I doubt I will like the light version. I think also there is a michalob ultra flavor beer that might be good that I'll have to try.
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

I have started drinking this Bud Select 55 calorie beer...cant decide if I like it just yet or not...the taste doesnt seem like regular beer
    Trav, funny finding you on this thread. :laugh:
    I too stick to Michelob Ultra. :wink:
  • T_R_A_V
    Options

you know if there is beer ...... trav will come
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

you know if there is beer ...... trav will come
    ... I'm sayin' :laugh:
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    ... I'm sayin' :laugh:

Meg....is that your motto as well