How long did it take to see results?

Options
I have been working out consistently 5 days a week for 3 weeks (minimum of 3 miles/day) and have been watching what I eat. I cut down on what I ate 3 weeks ago with the exercise but really started keeping track a little over a week ago. I have only seen about 4 pounds come off in those 3 weeks. Is this normal for most people? Many will say that I am gaining muscle due to exercise but I do not see a reduction in inches to justify fat loss. Just curious on what others have experienced. Thanks!

Replies

• Big_Daddy6
    Options
    Took about 2 to 3 months for me.
  • megtastic80
    Options
    I am finding the same.

Eating well, working out daily (well, most days) and have only lost 3kilo in three weeks... A loss is a loss is a loss, so I keep telling myself! Dont lose heart, gotta be better than gaining and/or doing nothing nothing!!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin on
  • mamakira
    Options
    I am finding the same.

Eating well, working out daily (well, most days) and have only lost 3kilo in three weeks... A loss is a loss is a loss, so I keep telling myself! Dont lose heart, gotta be better than gaining and/or doing nothing nothing!!

3 kilos in 3 weeks is a huge loss! Fantastic!

I think just go on, don´t put too much focus on your weight, rather go by measurements or how you feel. It will go down.
  • mhide
    mhide Posts: 20
    Options
    It took 2 months for me. People started noticing a smaller belly and my face. Also I tried some old jeans and I was amazed that I could fit in them again :)

I'm still far to achieve my goal but definitely there's a difference.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am finding the same.

• painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Three kilos in three weeks ONLY!!!!! Flipping heck! Thats loads off in three weeks!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I started to see true results after losing about 20 pounds. The best way I can tell if I am truly losing that is not scale dependent is to go out and try clothes on... lower sizes. I highly recommend it. It was harder to tell in my own clothes, but now that I've lost 34 lbs., I can even tell in my own clothes because they are just plain too big.
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oops... and I just noticed you only have 22 lbs to lose, so losing the amount you did in the amount of time you've been working out and tracking is awesome! When you have less to lose, it comes off more slowly.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I felt better before I noticed that I looked better. About a month and a half.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    for me, i found that focusing on improvements in fitness and endurance was a huge help insofar as keeping me motivated. weight takes a long time to come off- i know my butt didn't get fat overnight. it took a lot of time, patience and money to get as fat as i was! and it takes time to come off, too. i found that changing my perspective from weight loss to fitness has been instrumental in my success.
    FWIW, i did C25k in about 6 weeks, and in those 6 weeks i probably lost about 6-8kgs. but more importantly than those 6kgs lost is the fact that i could then run for 30 mins without stopping. over the last 18 months (since c25k) i've kept going. i've lost about 30kgs now, but have ran 6 half marathons, and soon to be 2 full ones.

so, yeah. my suggestion to you is to think in terms of improved fitness rather than shrinking waist. because if you keep moving you'll feel better, and the weight will slide off on it's own.
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    I have been working out consistently 5 days a week for 3 weeks (minimum of 3 miles/day) and have been watching what I eat. I cut down on what I ate 3 weeks ago with the exercise but really started keeping track a little over a week ago. I have only seen about 4 pounds come off in those 3 weeks. Is this normal for most people? Many will say that I am gaining muscle due to exercise but I do not see a reduction in inches to justify fat loss. Just curious on what others have experienced. Thanks!
    That is the best way to do it. Slow and steady gives you a higher possibility of keeping it off. 4 pounds is fantastic to lose in 3 weeks!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have never been impressed with my scales. I have been going to the gym 3 to 5 times a week for up to 90 minutes at a time and have been more pleased with my loss of cm. For example, I have lost, since February, 12 cm from my belly, 3cm from my bust and 4cm from my hips. But only 7 pounds (that could be perhaps because try to never eat below my BMR and only take a 10% cut from my TDEE).
    Keep going, I thought I'd never see any losses, but they came in the end! It's all a game of patience :-)
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    4 pounds in three weeks is really good. This is not some sort of quick fix, and you need to let your body adjust to the new lifestyle. Just keep doing what you're doing and give it time.
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would say about 2-3 months to see a dramatic difference in how you look and feel if you keep focused and stick with it.

I've lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks so far :) BF from 25 to 17% and BMI from 26 to 23 so far!

The biggest change however iv found is a state of mind and lifestyle. Learning to cook healthily and to eat in moderation!
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I felt better before I noticed that I looked better. About a month and a half.

That's how I am focusing on my diet this time & I have stopped looking at the scales every second day, I started feeling better after a week of eating healthy & taking on lots of water. 3 weeks on I feel even better in myself & as a bonus I have lost weight.

Focus more on how you feel rather than the weight you loose, it will come off but more importantly your body is functioning as it should now all the toxins have been taken out.
  • laurrens
    laurrens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 2- 3 months also, but fitting back into the size 12 jeans (was a 16) felt great! I didnt think I oculd see a difference, but when you look at yourself everyday i suppose you don't.

Give it some time and the inches will shift!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Down 17.5lbs and it's still hard for me to see a difference in the mirror. I see it very well in pictures, and others can but not in the mirror.

Been at this since mid may so 4 months.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 12lbs and look the same... My fitness has improved.

Patience grasshopper.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    another reason to not go just by the scales -> Last week, having not exercised for about a month, 14 stone 6 pounds. Since then I have worked hard at the gym for 5 days and not eaten any more than usual and I am 14 stone 8 pounds. I don't worry about it though, I have read that it could just my muscles retaining water as they repair.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!