Don't Want To Be Fat In My 40's!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• devonguy7
    Options
    Good morning all, My aim for Calories is 1550 or less a day which i find pretty easy to do. The only small issue is that i do cardio 4-5 days a week and burn approx 1000 a time. so my net calories for the day could be anything between 0-550. On a couple of occasions this has actually ended up me finishing the day on negative calories. I've lost just over 6kgs in 3 weeks and the funny thing is is that i dont feel tired or hungry during the day.

Is this normal??
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Welcome and as a relative newbie too i too have been amazed by th support given by everyone. I'm 41 this year so a bit late for the topic title but wanting to shed quite a bit as i start a new chapter of my life. I have been really please that only with the small number of 'friends' there has been some real good support and i'm looking for more friends to help keep me on the straight and narrow and hopefully do the same fo them.

Good luck in your quest :smile:
  • SkyPixie
    Options
    Welcome !!
    I'm 41 just over 5ft 1 (that half an inch is so important !!) and just along the coast in West Sussex :happy:

My loss to date has been slow but I caught sight of myself in some photos last weekend and now I am waging all out war on the wobbly bits .. I never ever want to see a photo like that again :embarassed:
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of MyFitnessPal! :D
  • whyweight1
    Options
    Thanks for the support - I have found that I am really enjoying this site... You're right of course, that the goal of losing 7-10 pounds in the next two weeks is more than a little optimistic...I've just been reading about other people on this diet losing 10% of their body weight in 17 days...

today's a bit of a loss (but I'm looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow.... :)

Thanks again!
  • wapntake
    Options
    this is also my first week and i feel better already, knowing that others are watching what you eat also helps; feel free to add me if you like, i am type 2 diabetic and this week since i have been doing this my blood sugar has been stable for a change so something is working.
  • compean02
    compean02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my first day starting and I hope to keep it up. I am in my late 40's and had a lap band surgery two years ago and only lost 60 lbs. I started eating the wrong foods instead of the right foods. Today I saw my doctor and told me to get back on track and start counting my calories. If you can do it then I can do it. Once I lose the weight I'll let you know how much I have lost.
  • herblu1
    herblu1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am over forty but still under 50. I am struggling with staying motivated and committed. I joined this site awhile ago via the mobile app and had no idea so many additional resources were here online. I am on day 1 of trying it again..so here we GOOooooo!!
  • whyweight1
    Options
    Well I'm in my 11the day of the 17 day diet and I've managed two pounds.... hoping to see more, anyone else try this diet?