Any 6 foot ladies?.. or any tall ladies?

Options
2»

Replies

• heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0",
    CW - 199lbs
    SW - 209.9lbs
    GW - 180lbs
  • arielpatt
    arielpatt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and am currently 212 lbs (just re-committed two weeks ago to eating healthier/moving more - I was 217 then).

Over the years I have realized that because of my tall frame and curvy body type it is easy to put on the pounds and not really notice until clothes stop fitting! Looking at pictures from a recent vacation with my boyfriend I barely recognized myself...that was definitely a wake up call. If nosy people try to dissuade you from needing to lose weight, just explain that you want to adopt a healthier lifestyle and have more energy. Nobody can argue with that :smile:

Being tall is awesome, but it took quite a while for me to get comfortable with my height. Especially when I was already 5'7" by fifth grade! Love the camaraderie on this thread. Let's keep it going!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i'm 6ft tall, i weight quite a bit more than you do, but my goal is to be at 200lbs and see how I feel after that
  • bebifal
    Options
    I'm 5'11 3/4. Smallest I've weighed was 149! And my family told me I looked so unhealthy, gained 30lbs and now I am so uncomfortable in my body. Heaviest I've ever been was 205 back in college. My goal is 165 but I may adjust that lower once I get to 165. Most of my friends are short sooo I can totally relate to everyone.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am 6foot, 256lb and want to be about 170lb :D You are not alone!!!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am 5"8 (or 174cm) :flowerforyou:

currently 147 lbs
    goal weight 135 lbs
  • zierke
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and I can totally relate! In some ways it's nice to be tall because yeah you can put on 5-10lbs without really noticing, but at the same time you can lose 5-10lbs and it doesn't make a difference like it does for the short women. You have to work just as hard for less results, and that is frustrating! I would get so mad when I was pregnant and people would say things like "wow you're barely showing!" - it was like I just put on 40lbs and you're telling me I don't look any different? WTF? I also hate that, no matter how thin I am, my frame will not physically allow me to be smaller than a size 8. My BMI is in the healthy range, but I'm still a size 12 because I have wide hips and shoulders. Anyone with my BMI would be a 6 or 8 but I'm stuck buying ill-fitting 12s because I'm tall. Not fair.

I've lost the baby weight, and now I'm working on the pounds that crept up on me after college, I WILL get back down to my goal weight! I always was 165-175 in college (I was always in sports, stayed very fit) and I'm at 185 now so I'm getting close.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Come join the Totally Tall Women group for all your tall women needs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ft...but 165 will be a stretch for me. I'm looking at 185
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    yeah the worst... I stepped on the scale at the weight doctors office.... and it went to 259 (II am 6 ft or 5 ft 12 as I say so its less intimidating) but anyway the nurse says "OMG! you don't look like you weigh that much". that didn't help my ego...at all. but thankfully one blood test figured out was was going on. I'm down to 235 as of this morning!! that's what I weighed 10 years ago.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet, 10 1/2 inches, medium frame....and I've always loved being tall. Right now, I'm 153 lbs, but I was 176 for a while and miserable. I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid when I was around 30 and when I pointed out to the doctor that 176 was the heaviest I had been in my whole life and I felt terrible, he just scoffed and said "you fall in a healthy weight range--call me back when you're over 190 lbs". I was horrified--a person knows what's a comfortable weight for them and he was just going by some stupid chart.

The only problem I have being tall is feeling overly conspicuous--last night at the gym I wanted to try running on a treadmill instead of just walking but didn't want to look ridiculous starting and stopping and adjusting and possibly stumbling until I got the hang of it (overall, having arms and legs flailing out like a spider). All the other women running on the treadmills were cute, petitite megafitnesschicks and I was CONVINCED everyone was looking at the overgrown amazon at the end of the row.

On the bright side, I hear all the time from people that they think I'm intimidating which is funny since, I try to be friendly and approachable but tend to be very shy. That word "intimidating" in my mind translates sometimes as "bad *kitten* mother
    " :laugh:
  • momtokx2
    momtokx2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shiggins07
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 or 5'10 and i've always been on the chunky side. I'm currently about 175. My goal is to be about 140-150 so I can feel more confident and be able to not feel like godzilla stepping on villages. Also I feel like if i lose the weight I might one day have the confidence to wear heels out for the first time ever. :) good luck to you all x
  • arielpatt
    arielpatt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Paralegalnc -

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did they discover a complication with your thyroid? I am thinking of asking for blood work to be done at my next doctor's appointment.
  • Sairyuk
    Sairyuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I hate being this tall - especially now I'm heavier than I've ever been after having my daughter. People say because you're tall you carry it well but it makes me feel so masculine!
  • I am 6' tall - it's annoying when people say "it's okay that you weigh more cause your tall"... doesn't make me fell any better and it's hard finding support from people because they don't understand (the majority of my friends are 5'2" - 5'6"). I am 26 and last summer I topped out at 215lbs, now 6 months later I am 171, my goal weight is 150. It's nice going from a tight size 14 to a comfy size 10. Going to stop once I get to a nice size 8 in fear of looking TOO thin.