belVita Breakfast biscuits

Options

Replies

• zoeluiisa
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them for breakfast - I rarely eat breakfast and if I do I want something savoury. however on those evenings when I'm craving something sweet, then they are DELICIOUS (and I reckon better for me than some other sweet stuff out there). My favourite is the milk and cereals flavour - there's something Horlicksy about it.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't fit into your diet, don't eat them. It fits into mine! What I eat for breakfast depends on my mood and the day. Sometimes it's oats, sometimes it's eggs, sometimes it's Belvita.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they're high in sugar, but honestly that's never been a problem for me. I see all these people saying 'sugar makes you crave crap' and it never has for me.

Blood glucose up then down quickly in most people = hunger craving.
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    eating some now! they are all delicious ......except for the apple one :(
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I normally have either those or porridge for breakfast. I cannot eat as soon as I get up so I take a pack to work and eat them there. They are still not the best option for breakfast, but they are often far lower in salt and sugar than a lot of breakfast cereal and they keep me full till lunch.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I buy them for my son as he will dash out of the house without breakfast but works in horticulture (apprenticeship) so really does need something in him before starting work!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't fit into your diet, don't eat them. It fits into mine! What I eat for breakfast depends on my mood and the day. Sometimes it's oats, sometimes it's eggs, sometimes it's Belvita.

Well said!

And
    funny, my body must be a mutant. That's pretty cool. I'm going to join the X-Men, catcha later.
  • aisthesis
    Options
    I've had the Crunchy Oats ones and think they taste like hob-nobs, which could be dangerous!

I have them as a mid-morning snack, as someone else commented, breakfast needs more protein, and I find them very satisfying (and I'm a big lass!)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    They're great but don't regard them as better than a Twinkie bar. If you don't want breakfast, don't eat it. ;)

I sometimes eat them to make up calories at night if I fancy a change.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I like them and the Nutri Grain ones. I'm not a fan of cereal, toast, yogurt, eggs, other stuff people suggest for breakfast and in general can't stomach most food in the morning and then up starving by lunch so for me, they're a good option.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I can not eat just one package, I want to eat the whole box!
    So I do not EVER eat them!
    they taste great!
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    They are still not the best option for breakfast, but they are often far lower in salt and sugar than a lot of breakfast cereal.

This is true. The cr*p that is in some breakfast cereals amazes me and people think it's healthy because it's cereal. Especially in the States (sorry guys :flowerforyou: ) - I've seen cereal there with marshmallows and chocolate pieces in it and it's still marketed as healthy. How are marshmallows and chocolate a healthy breakfast?
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love them! I don't, by any means, consider them a "healthy food" but they add a nice amount of sweet and I never get the sugar crash!

I usually have a good high fiber breakfast and then eat two of these for a light snack before lunch and then two of these as a mid afternoon snack if I have a sweet craving.

My husband loves them and isn't the breakfast eating type either. I think it's good to get something in the system in the a.m. so if this works then so be it!

Give it a try...you might love them! :)
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    In theory there's nothing wrong with them, but I would check the sugar and salt content. If the idea of a biscuit appeals to you in the morning, Nairns Oat biscuits are about the best you can get.
  • AnneM69
    Options
    I eat them, when I remember, with a protein shake made with lite milk when I have to to walk my 4 yo to pre-school.
    They are high in sugar but they're enough to fill me up, particularly as exercise + early morning = no appetite for me.
    We only have the Crunchy Oat, Fruit & fiber, and Milk & cereals flavors here, those other flavors you guys are talking about sound yummy:grumble: .
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I've had the Crunchy Oats ones and think they taste like hob-nobs, which could be dangerous!

I have them as a mid-morning snack, as someone else commented, breakfast needs more protein, and I find them very satisfying (and I'm a big lass!)

I have a box of the Crunchy Oat ones at work, I sometimes have 2 out of the individual packets of 4 as an extra if I've cycled in to work, as I'll have a bowl of bran flakes before leaving and then those Belvita biscuits after I'm showered and got myself a brew. I like them, but that's the only flavour I've had as I don't like yoghurt or berries so it limits my breakfast repertoire somewhat :laugh:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Well said!

And
    funny, my body must be a mutant. That's pretty cool. I'm going to join the X-Men, catcha later.

Thats why we look why we do then I guess...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I guess one difference between "healthy" breakfast bars and Snickers etc is that one breakfast bar, while not exactly healthy due to the amount of sugar in it, is usually under 200 calories. I just search for Snickers and Mars and the 58g versions of them (is that the standard size?) have nearly 300 calories. I guess it depends on your goals and requirements. If you're really under your daily target calorie intake, then eat a couple of Mars bars!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The yogurt ones taste good but tbh I don't think its the kind of thing anyone should be eating if they are trying to be healthy. As an occasional treat, yes. But as a daily snack, no way. I would treat them the same as a chocolate bar.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    To be honest you might as well eat cake, Thats what I do for breakfast so I don't binge on cakes later in the day, already had some.