Not New on Here but Starting Again

Options
Hi all, I have been gaining weight for around 3 years now, I lost a lot for my wedding in June 2012 but since then i have really let myself go. None of my trousers fit me and I feel horrible, I really need to loose this weight now. I am too scared to get on the scales, so was just going to see how my clothes felt and how i felt in my self, but i think i may have to pluck up the courage :(

I have ben on here on while but never really kept to it, but this time I am going to, would any one like to check in daily with me to encourage us to come back every day and let each other kno ho we're getting on??

My problem is secret binge eating, I love chocolate and can eat loads and I mean loads in a day as well as my normal meals.

This week I have been quite good, have a couple of tiny binges but for breakfast i have been having a bowl of fresh fruit, a mid day snack of fruit usually the same as breakfast & a bowl of my favourite soup for lunch, then my tea is just what the rest of the family eat but with salad or veg instead of chips.

I really need some support, my OH is supportive but in a how long will this last kind of way, so all your help & support would be great.

I think I might start my 30 day shred tonight, I feel so much better after having done some excersice.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi , goodluck with your fresh start :)
  • charlottedw
    Options
    Gave up a couple of weeks ago lost my granddad to cancer and then a month later my uncle died. Been finding it difficult to keep up with everything the kids were on holiday and started eating out and being with them. This is now my second chance and i'm not going to do it this time
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life derails you in some way, you shouldn't feel bad but just get back on the horse. 30DS is amazing.
  • cjd1029
    Options
    Gave up a couple of weeks ago lost my granddad to cancer and then a month later my uncle died. Been finding it difficult to keep up with everything the kids were on holiday and started eating out and being with them. This is now my second chance and i'm not going to do it this time

Sorry to hear about your losses charlotte, Ii know what you mean with the kids being off school.

I'll let you know how i get on with my 30 day shred tonight, haen't done it in months so I'm sure it's going to be painful lol.

I realy need to change the way I am around food, especially chocolate if it's there i have to eat it, not good at all.
  • cjd1029
    Options
    Thanks, will check in tomrw & let you know how the shred went. I've just ammended y weight to 13stone fingers crossed i'm not over that :{ will update it properly once I weigh in he morning.
  • karengardnerjr
    karengardnerjr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. I just got back on the wagon myself. For me, I wouldn't say that I binge, but I have never been truly honest with myself about what I am actually putting into my mouth. Instead of a serving of potato chips, I'd eat 3 servings. I have decided that I am logging EVERYTHING I eat, period. Good and bad. It is really helping me to make better choices. I am now thinking about what I'm putting into my body, instead of mindlessly stuffing my face!
    You CAN and you WILL do it :smile:
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I feel like you just took my thoughts from my brain and wrote them down. I share the same story as you. Been here a while, looking for fresh motivation. I binge on junk at night and emotionally eat.
    I am super motivated to change my unhealthy habits into healthy ones.

Feel.free to add me folks :-)