"not so enlightened" motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    When I go out with friends to a bar or club (or any social gathering, really), I'm the invisible one. They all have wedding rings on their fingers and I'm the one that gets ignored. I'm tired of being invisible.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My birthday that's around the corner is my present motivation, I want to be my husband's pretty wife instead of just his funny wife and I really really don't want to be the fat sister anymore!! I would be ok with just being the older sister :)
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    wow some people have a lot of resentment built up...

I don't have any malice toward anyone that may have helped me realize I need to get in shape... regardless of their impolite technique. Then again no one has ever teased me incessantly so I don't know what that feels like.

To be honest I guess my superficial motivation would be to gain the confidence to go after a stupid boy. I just don't know what else to do...
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Come on, no one eating to show up snarky co-workers or others?

Well, this is little motivation in the whole scheme of things but...

My husband's Ex and her BF are motivation for me!! :) Lets just say she is very HIPPY and goes to the gym and doesnt lose the weight (because she STILL doesnt eat well)...while my husband says I look better then her any day of the week, still, she is blonde hair, blue eyes, and pretty good skin...and I just have personal ISSUES with that Stereotype. :-)

OH, and my Mother-in-Law who, everytime I dont go get a 2nd plate at dinner, looks at me funny. Also, I would like my husband to REALLY lose the weight becuase she keeps saying he is pre-dispositioned be be heavy and he is SOOOO capable of losing his belly, ESPECIALLY with all that muscle underneath!!!!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    2 years ago sitting in TGI Fridays at supper with my wife and kids, i made her an offer that If I lost 80 lbs, I could trade in my Heritage Softail and get a brand new Harley Ultra Classic. She agreed, we wrote the agreement down on a napkin as we were sitting there waiting for supper to come and the kids both witnessed and signed the napkin. Two years later, I'm finally serious enough to do it. When I make my goal, I'll post pics of me on my Ultra... and a picture of that napkin I still have in my dresser.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,924 Member
    Options
    2 years ago sitting in TGI Fridays at supper with my wife and kids, i made her an offer that If I lost 80 lbs, I could trade in my Heritage Softail and get a brand new Harley Ultra Classic. She agreed, we wrote the agreement down on a napkin as we were sitting there waiting for supper to come and the kids both witnessed and signed the napkin. Two years later, I'm finally serious enough to do it. When I make my goal, I'll post pics of me on my Ultra... and a picture of that napkin I still have in my dresser.
    That seems like damn fine motivation to me... although I'm in no rush to trade my FLHP...
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I want to shop, for once in my adult life, in the Misses section of the store! I no longer want to be 'plus' sized.
  • vanna824
    Options
    My dad and I have signed up to ride mules down the Grand Canyon next may and we have to be below 200lb fully dressed. Oh yea, and I want to look good on that mule! =)
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    last year at BF's christmas part i had a fuscha size 22 dress that felt like a tent. Add insult to injury, it was everyone's first time meeting me, and i fell over. This year I want to be in the size `16 Little black dress looking damn fine.