Its kindo hard to log in everything? :(

Options
Hi all,
I started on this site yesterday...but could not keep up logging all day my calorie intake...

It all looks kindo time consuming? Is it just me?? Or does it get easier with practice and familiarity to this site??

Replies

• k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    definitely gets easier once you get used to it! give it a couple weeks.. it's like second nature to me now!
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here. It gets easier over time. Try to log as you eat. If you find it hard to keep up it might help modify the habit of grazing if you do that. This might be a good thing.

Give it time. List every bite on your log!!!
  • nbischoff15
    Options
    I was worried about the 'time' factor as well.... but it does get easier... I have only been on this site for about a week. For me - the first couple days were tough, but it helps that I was able to download the smartphone app. I am using the site to get a better idea of how many calories in certain things, and just to have some awareness of 'how much' I am eating throughout the day, and to work on portion control.

Good luck!
  • slickannie
    slickannie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It may seem hard in the beginning, but you can do it. Sometimes I have to wait til later in the day but I still log in what I ate earlier. It may take you a little while to get used to it, but really try, it works.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I started on this site yesterday...but could not keep up logging all day my calorie intake...

It all looks kindo time consuming? Is it just me?? Or does it get easier with practice and familiarity to this site??

Do you also have a smartphone or a tablet? If so, did you know that you can download a free app for it and log there? These also have barcode scanners that make logging very quick. The website and the apps sync.

It does get easier as you go along, because as you log, foods are added to your "Favorites" and "Recent" lists. You can also copy a meal from one day to another, or create "Meals" for foods you frequently eat together.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It totally gets easier. I know the first week was confusing and took some getting used to. But I've been at it for over a month now and I've lost 14 lbs! It's a great motivator to eat less and exercise more. It also really makes you pay attention to the nutritional content of the food you are eating. I make much healthier choices now and have even discovered some new foods that I really enjoy AND taken up running as a hobby. This site is totally worth it!
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    There is also a phone app that you can use to easily scan bar codes and track that way.

Save your MEALS and RECIPES for easy logging as well :)

Most things you really want in life take time though - it's a great commitment and will pay off in the long run <3
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Something else that you can do is plan ahead and log your food in advance at a time that suits.
    That can help you stick to your goals, particularly if you don't want to have to log in *again* just to add in those couple of unplanned biscuits you had :laugh:
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other ..... it gets easier everyday. Once you've logged a few days you can copy previous meals, select from most used foods, most recent foods etc. Plus once you've added your own meals, recipes etc .... it all helps.

Persevere, it's worth it. And it really makes you think about what you are eating and how many calories you are burning (even on holiday ....... wondering what my weigh in is going to be when I get home at the weekend after a week away!!!!)
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    what i found to be easier is just sitting down at the begining of the day and logging what im gonna eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner and sometimes snacks...and then if i eat anything else i come back and log that whenever i come to log my exercise makes it much easier and my day is planned out and keeps me on track
  • vixmonsta
    vixmonsta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead too - so i log in every morning and complete the day before whilst entering what i do know i'll be eating that day...
    with a bit of practise it gets really easy... and seeing how 1 bottle of orange juice compares to another can be really handy when you're shopping.....
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    totally 2nd nature now. Keep plugging along and it will become habit
  • slbrantner
    slbrantner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I log everything since the day I started. The thing I had a prblem with was drinks ... sonow I only drink water and I don't have that problem anymore. It is easier if you hae the app on your phone that way you can just scan it as you eat it.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Different strategies for all. I play it by ear and log as I go on my phone. But either way, you just started, it gets way easier with time. Good Luck.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It gets easier once most of your favorite foods are already loaded in your diary, so it's more a matter of clicking check boxes than searching for and adding foods.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To add to what others have said, I found that I tend to eat similar things every day. I always have cereal for breakfast, always have yogurt and a ready made meal at lunch, etc. Those things that you eat every day show up at the top of the list on the site so you don't have to search for them anymore. Just check the boxes and click add and you're good to go! You can also copy from a previous day into today if you ate the same thing today.
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    As everyone else mentioned, it DOES get easier. Especially since you'll start building a list of things you eat often, so you just have to check a box and make sure the portion is about right. I set up a meal section for beverages, since I tend to have the same coffee but at different times of the day. This way I can just add up the total as I go, rather than adding that same coffee/cream/sugar combo each time.

Look at my diary if you want to see what I mean. The first couple of days are hard but then it only takes me about 5 minutes a day altogether. The phone app will be really helpful, too.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    it gets easier the more you do it. Also try prelogging your whole day, it keeps me on track! :)
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    if you have time for facebook, you have time for MFP, thats just me =)
  • karch123
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. :flowerforyou:

I just downloaded the app on my iPhone..and hope it will be convenient and easier now. :smile: