Has anyone tried Body by VI?

Options

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A coworker let us try two of the shakes about 2 oz. of them and I really think its an expensive slimfast. I dont think it would fill me up and the girl that is doing it also had a lap band surgery. I think there are cheaper ways to get it off. sorry:(
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, not a fan. As someone else has mentioned, whey protein is way better than soy, it also has 12g protein, the whey product has more.

Another thing stated, the customer service, TERRIBLE! I tried to cancel my order for 3 straight months before it finally happened. They ended up telling me that there was a survey that I was supposed to take to tell them why I wanted to cancel or it would kick the cancellation back out of the system. No where on the page did it tell me that. The lady I spoke with said they were having a lot of people really mad about it so maybe that has changed. They also give their directors BMW's. Does that tell you the product is over priced or what?

Using MFP, hitting your calories and macros and getting exercise is all anyone needs.

PS: The words "message me for details" means I sell it and would love to sell it to you.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    I did not participate in the whole 'challenege' concept of it... but for about 5 months I did have a 'shake' every day for lunch as a replacement for a meal. It did work, it gave me energy, filled me up and I lost about 15 lbs in 5 months... with Body by Vi being the only thing I changed.

I then had a terrible experience with their customer service and promptly discontinued my ongoing monthly subscription for the product.

Other than bad customer service, it did work... for me anyway. Also, I do know they offer a money back guaranttee.

Good luck!
    THIS! i have a body by vi shake everyday for breakfast, but i had a bad experience with customer service as well.. i love the shake, they are so yummy and convenient, but unfortunately the man on the phone was sooo rude! im thinking when im done the packages i have now i likely wont get them again, thats how bad it was.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I did not participate in the whole 'challenege' concept of it... but for about 5 months I did have a 'shake' every day for lunch as a replacement for a meal. It did work, it gave me energy, filled me up and I lost about 15 lbs in 5 months... with Body by Vi being the only thing I changed.

I then had a terrible experience with their customer service and promptly discontinued my ongoing monthly subscription for the product.

Other than bad customer service, it did work... for me anyway. Also, I do know they offer a money back guaranttee.

Good luck!
    THIS! i have a body by vi shake everyday for breakfast, but i had a bad experience with customer service as well.. i love the shake, they are so yummy and convenient, but unfortunately the man on the phone was sooo rude! im thinking when im done the packages i have now i likely wont get them again, thats how bad it was.

Make sure you CALL and cancel your auto ship or they will continue to send it to you for several months. They will tell you to send it back (on your dime) and they will refund your money. Dont hold your breath waiting for a refund.
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I personally don't agree with it - even more so after I read this article.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
  • Tremu
    Options
    I am currently using the Body By Vi shakes. I LOVE the different recipes and the convenience of it. I use it for breakfast sometimes, lunch sometimes, and sometimes even as dessert. I have hit my goal weight from keeping a food journal since Jan. 1st as well as working out. I am not trying to lose weight, but wanted to have a way to monitor some of my nutritional content without too much work. I also have a major sweet tooth and find that the shakes curb that. My favorite is the butterfinger recipe that is the shake, 8 oz of milk (sometimes I use skim...sometimes almond...you can use what you want), 2 TBSP of sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix, and 1 TBSP of peanut butter. So tasty and filling and under 300 calories. People join the Challenge for many reasons. I think the Challenge is a way to motivate people to get healthy together. It's great when 3 people become customers under you because you get your kit free (And no, you don't have to be a PROMOTER to get this deal). I know my kit this month is on its way and only cost me $6 from the shipping. Last time I did the math, $6 divided by 30 is $0.20 a meal, plus whatever I choose to add in. Not sure where else I could eat that inexpensively and get necessary vitamins and nutrients. I don't think the plan is to be on it as meal replacements for life. I think it's a way to jump start your weight loss for people who aren't sure where to start. Baby steps in the right direction. Start with a shake meal replacement. Then add some exercise in. You will get results. It's not for everyone, but can work for everyone depending on what you are looking for. Best of luck with whatever decision you make. :) PS I have not had any experience with customer service. I would hope they would be professional and respectful as I would expect from any company. Wondering if the people who contacted customer service every tried talking to the Promoter who shared the shakes with them in the first place. I would think that person would be able to help you :)
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am currently using the Body By Vi shakes. I LOVE the different recipes and the convenience of it. I use it for breakfast sometimes, lunch sometimes, and sometimes even as dessert. I have hit my goal weight from keeping a food journal since Jan. 1st as well as working out. I am not trying to lose weight, but wanted to have a way to monitor some of my nutritional content without too much work. I also have a major sweet tooth and find that the shakes curb that. My favorite is the butterfinger recipe that is the shake, 8 oz of milk (sometimes I use skim...sometimes almond...you can use what you want), 2 TBSP of sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix, and 1 TBSP of peanut butter. So tasty and filling and under 300 calories. People join the Challenge for many reasons. I think the Challenge is a way to motivate people to get healthy together. It's great when 3 people become customers under you because you get your kit free (And no, you don't have to be a PROMOTER to get this deal). I know my kit this month is on its way and only cost me $6 from the shipping. Last time I did the math, $6 divided by 30 is $0.20 a meal, plus whatever I choose to add in. Not sure where else I could eat that inexpensively and get necessary vitamins and nutrients. I don't think the plan is to be on it as meal replacements for life. I think it's a way to jump start your weight loss for people who aren't sure where to start. Baby steps in the right direction. Start with a shake meal replacement. Then add some exercise in. You will get results. It's not for everyone, but can work for everyone depending on what you are looking for. Best of luck with whatever decision you make. :) PS I have not had any experience with customer service. I would hope they would be professional and respectful as I would expect from any company. Wondering if the people who contacted customer service every tried talking to the Promoter who shared the shakes with them in the first place. I would think that person would be able to help you :)

Shouldn't the people who work in "Customer Service" be able to help you?
  • JillianRN
    Options
    I have been on Body By Vi Shape kit
    for 2 months. I have a history of Fibromyalgia, hypertension and an immune difficiency disorder. For many years I had absolutely no energy and suffered from chronic migraine Headaches. I am a nurse and I am very cautious of any new product. After carefully researching this product. I gave it a try. let me add that I have been on protein shakes for about 2 years. I exercised moderately, drank no sodas for over 2 years and I could not move the scale. When i started these shakes within 3 day I noticed that I had more energy. Still cautious, I kept my feelings to myself. To date I have not had one migraine, My pain evel has gone from a 10 to a 2. I have lost 18lbs and 14 inches. My energy level is out the roof. let me add that I have not exercised once, because I have a broken ankle and foot in 3 places. I enjoy the taste and my lab values (immune) function are completely normal. I have decreased my BP meds to 1/2 pill every other day. I personally joined the challenge to lose weight and feel better. I have 3 people under me so my porduct cost me around 11 dollars per month for shipping. I did not intend to " get into the business" but I did and I get paid a commission from poeple that have contacted me after hearing about my success and seeing the difference in me. I only want to help others and I am living proof that this system works. if I can help anybody. You may contact me and I will help you in any way possible..
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My friend at Chiurch promotes BBV, and is atually SO CLOSE to winning one of their BMWs!
    She has lost 111lbs using BBV since February!! She is a machine and always in the gym or running. It was about a lifstyle change for her, not just getting "skinny". I am trying it this month to see how i like it :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in anything for weight loss that I don't plan on doing for the rest of my life.
    I wouldn't want to drink meal replacements for the rest of my life.

^This

Weight loss shakes are NOT a lifestyle change most people can live with. You will learn nothing to help you maintain a weight loss.
  • sutts
    sutts Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi there, I need to lose 100 pounds. I have tried everything. I started Body by Vi one week ago. I feel amazing. I have more energy than I had in ages. However, I have not lost any weight. I know that it is because I am eating too much. I was wondering if you could give suggestions about counting calories along with doing the shakes? I am looking for thoughts about snacks and supper. Thanks so much for you help!
  • IowaLady80
    Options
    Do you have any recommendations for a whey product?
  • lizzus
    lizzus Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in anything for weight loss that I don't plan on doing for the rest of my life.
    I wouldn't want to drink meal replacements for the rest of my life.

Agreed. I think from a health stand-point they are good for you (having all of the vitamins, minerals, etc) but I don't want to depend on something like that. I'm not saying they aren't good for some people, and I know quite a few people that have been successful, but for myself I need to think long-run and teach myself how to properly eat 'regular' food. But that's just my 2 cents. :)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I use them as lunch for after my workouts. I'm going to try & change them up so they don't become bland.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of any quick weight loss plan. When I did research on Body by Vi, I read a lot about how those diets that have you lose weight quickly are cutting more than fat. A lady from my home town was on it and yes she lost weight. It was kind of scary to look at her, she was so skinny but it looked completely unnatural and unhealthy. She is off of it and started gaining the pounds right back because she didn't learn anything about how to eat better. I think it is one of those weight-loss plans that can work but you are not doing your body any favors. Plus, if you don't learn how to take care of yourself or have proper discipline, you are just going to gain it all back and go right back to their product...

On a side note, I feel I'm just highly suspicious of any business that uses the pyramid scheme. There is usually a reason for that.
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No, but I love amway, meleluca, mary kay, & herbalife products.

/sarcasm

Don't do it, you'll be sorry on multiple levels (get it?)
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of any quick weight loss plan. When I did research on Body by Vi, I read a lot about how those diets that have you lose weight quickly are cutting more than fat. A lady from my home town was on it and yes she lost weight. It was kind of scary to look at her, she was so skinny but it looked completely unnatural and unhealthy. She is off of it and started gaining the pounds right back because she didn't learn anything about how to eat better. I think it is one of those weight-loss plans that can work but you are not doing your body any favors. Plus, if you don't learn how to take care of yourself or have proper discipline, you are just going to gain it all back and go right back to their product...

On a side note, I feel I'm just highly suspicious of any business that uses the pyramid scheme. There is usually a reason for that.

So true!!! Stay away from these pyramid schemes. My hubby mentioned a friend of his was selling it and how wonderful it is...I quickly put a stop to any ideas of him doing it!!
  • Aisha_E
    Aisha_E Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for a week and I love it. I am going to subscribe next week. Using it in conjunction with myfitnesspal and my normal work out, is really helping me achieve the results that I need. The shakes taste delicious when you combine them with your favorite nutritious add-ins. I am currently sipping a chocolate peanut butter shake. My energy level is high and I don't feel drained after my work outs like I used to. In the last week, I have lost 3 pounds and shaved 2.5" off my waist and 2" off my hips.

It is a great product!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    What is up with all of these threads the past two days? Is there some incentive program going on to get new recruits?

-You don't need the shakes and can be equally successful without them.
    -They are a waste of money. Pyramid schemes make the people on top a lot of money while blinding the people at bottom.
    -Drinking your food is not sustainable and will be difficult to adjust to later.

Basically, too many people want an easy fix or a quick fix. Neither will bring you long-term success. Be smart, eat healthy and get exercise. That is all it takes.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My friend at Chiurch promotes BBV, and is atually SO CLOSE to winning one of their BMWs!
    She has lost 111lbs using BBV since February!! She is a machine and always in the gym or running. It was about a lifstyle change for her, not just getting "skinny". I am trying it this month to see how i like it :)

Being on a calorie deficit, becoming active and running is what caused her to lose weight, not a shake. She could have had the same results if she ate healthy meals instead of the shakes.