When reaching Goal Weight? How to stay there?

Options
Hello,

Was really sure where to put this topic.

A few people for the gym i go to and a few friends i trust have informed me all i need to do is tone and that if i went to my goal weight i would look ill.

Got me thinking..... about reaching my goal or trying to maintan.

It actually really scares me, Ive been on this journey for about 1.5 years to 2 years and Ive learnt a lot about food and getting fit along the way and trying to eat clean and heathy as it makes me feel really good, not for my mum, my husband but JUST me.

What do i do to keep at my heathy weight? I dont want to eat junk anymore (the odd takeaway here and there wont hurt i guess)
But i dont want to keep at what i am doing if its going to start making me look too thin and poorly.
I like to work out around 3 times in the week for about 90mins & i like to do a Class early morning Saturday. Im starting to like my level of fitness and would hate to lose it. I have a stressful job and the gym helps me to un wind.

Just wondering if anymore has any ideas or if they are also worried..... Its been hard work getting to where i am now. But i feel it might be hard to maintan it too.
I know it might be simple just to say eat more.... But being in less control of eating is how i got in the problem in the first place.

Thanks for any advice. X

Replies

• lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    I just hit my goal weight recently and upped my calories to maintenance. I was worried that I would gain weight or something drastic would change. Instead, I lost another pound somehow. I keep up the same style of eating and still work out 3-5 times a week. I've started to relax now knowing that the world won't end just because I'm eating an extra 100 calories. :)
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    I just hit my goal weight recently and upped my calories to maintenance.

What sort of things have you added to your meals? Or do you just eat more of the same thing. Ive actually trainned my body to know when its full.... which i think was my problem i ate too quick etc and too much!

Well done on getting to your goal weight! :)
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    Increasing my calories to maintenance didn't add many calories. Depending on your diet, you could add a handful of nuts or in my case I added higher calorie foods that I had been avoiding. I mainly increased the calories of my snacks. I am 5'2" so my daily cals at maint is onle about 1500. My normal diet is:

Breakfast- Eng Muffin w/ PB or Honey or Toast w/ butter, maybe Toast w/a scrambled egg but no butter.
    AM Snack- Yogurt with 1/8th cup granola
    Lunch- Chicken Sandwich is normal, but yesterday was sushi. I try to stay around 400 cals.
    PM Snack- Banana
    Dinner- Lean meat and veggie (I dropped the starch from this meal that I used to eat b/c it ate up too many cals & was mainly for comfort anyway)
    Night snack- cookie and milk (I know there will be complaints about this part of my diet. I can explain more about this if you want)

Let me know if you want to friend so you can see my diet. It's pretty realistic and normal. I eat out at lunch everyday and believe moderation is key. Nothing is excluded, but I rarely eat fast food and I don't always find salads satisfying as a full meal.