How to lose water weight in 1.5 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Everything other people suggested, plus, if you have a chance, try a sauna.
    Green tea will work great, too, as it is highly diuretic.

This article may be interesting:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2058580/How-Adriana-Lima-gets-shape-Victorias-Secret-fashion-show.html
    It explains how VS models prepare for the fashion show, and I am sure it includes losing all water weight and bloating.

It's insane, though:

"The mother-of-one also drinks a staggering gallon of water a day - and no liquids for 12 hours ahead of the show on Wednesday.
    Adriana, 30, told The Telegraph: 'No liquids at all so you dry out, sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that.'
    The model has spent countless hours in the gym boxing and lifting weights, working out every day from August and bumping up to twice a day three weeks before hitting the runway.
    For nine days, she will have no solid foods."
  • KristinWill1023
    KristinWill1023 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MIDOL!
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The moderators must be sleeping

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I need to lose a lot of water weight. I don't care how much. I need to lose it.
    Someone told me I can lose it by drinking a lot of water and by exercising and avoiding carbs?

Any tips. Healthy or not. I need to make a weight for ballet.

Not going to lie... that's concerning you don't care if it's healthy or not....

Do a kidney detox and drink a lot of water, avoid salt...
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    "The mother-of-one also drinks a staggering gallon of water a day - and no liquids for 12 hours ahead of the show on Wednesday.

only a gallon? In a day? Doesn't seem like all that much, but I guess she is only like 5'4 and probably 100 lbs!
    For nine days, she will have no solid foods."

wow...
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Walk. Walk walk walk. Always makes me pee it away.
  • kssmith515
    kssmith515 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The moderators must be sleeping

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I need to lose a lot of water weight. I don't care how much. I need to lose it.
    Someone told me I can lose it by drinking a lot of water and by exercising and avoiding carbs?

Any tips. Healthy or not. I need to make a weight for ballet.

Not going to lie... that's concerning you don't care if it's healthy or not....

Do a kidney detox and drink a lot of water, avoid salt...

I'm new here. Why would this need moderation?
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    As a former mixed martial artists, we did whatever it took to make weight for fights. That is just the nature of the beast. I walked away because it wasn't the life I wanted to live, but if ballet is important enough to the OP to make weight for, then good for her.

The suggestions above are really good. My weigh ins were always in the afternoon and I'd sip water and not eat until after them. It sucks but that's just part of the life.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. Why would this need moderation?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

look at #3

you DID read all that when you became a member, right?!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
    Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.