Whatcha gonna wear when your skinny?

Let's be honest- a huge part of why we're all here is to look better. For me, it's all about the clothes. (And health, obviously) I LOVE clothes and fashion. But I tend to dress myself like a slump because I don't like the way anything fits.

This does not mean my giant girly closet isn't filled with beautiful pieces... it just means I can't wear any of them.

So when I'm skinny I will wear.....

SKINNY JEANS. In all colors of the rainbow. With adorable loafer flats, chunky heels, you name it.
Chambray shirts.... much cuter when it doesn't sit like a potato sack.
Fitted dresses! For fall, I'll pair em with tights and fab boots.
And of course, for my darling husband, the occasional.... something lacy.

WHAT ABOUT YOU!

Replies

• Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    I really like the bohemian style stuff. I want to be able to dress like a "hippy" or wear steam punk or do anything else that fits my preferences without looking like the fat girl tying to be cool.
  • A BRAZILIAN BIKINI !!!!!!! AND OF COURSE TONNNNNSSSSSS OF LOW RISE JEANS !!!!!
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    NOTHING!!:blushing:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Clothes that I buy in a department store and not from the fat lady catalogs.
  • The same stuff I wear now. I'll just look better in it :smile: .
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    A bikini at our cottage next summer.

A super sexy little dress at my 25 year high school reunion ("Take that, crush who wouldn't ask me to prom!")
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    I really like the bohemian style stuff. I want to be able to dress like a "hippy" or wear steam punk or do anything else that fits my preferences without looking like the fat girl tying to be cool.
    Me too - love my long flowing dresses but not when the top is as wide as the bottom. I'm gonna wear some tops not too revealing but definitely sexier.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Well let's see there's...

Pastel/patterned skinny jeans.

Short skirts/dresses with oxfords
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    i have this pair of silver slacks from college (11 years ago) that I haven't been able to fit into in YEARS
    they zip up the back - and the fabric is so unforgiving ~ but I used to wear those and sass around town lookin gooood :tongue:
    They are so completly out of style now - but they remind me of what size I CAN be!
    when I can put those on (all the way) I think I'll cry
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    I am going to get me a pair of lululemon yoga pants :)

Definitely going to be less shy about the short shorts and skirts with a nice high heel! Nothing like walking around at 6foot 4, knowing you look sexy!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    The same stuff I wear now. I'll just look better in it :smile: .

Me too. I just want to look 'average'. That sound more dour than I mean it to be. I just want to be me, wearing neat, comfy clothes that are just loose enough to not look constricting.
  • Starbuck2020
    Me too - love my long flowing dresses but not when the top is as wide as the bottom. I'm gonna wear some tops not too revealing but definitely sexier.

I like your style. hehe
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    A BRAZILIAN BIKINI !!!!!!! AND OF COURSE TONNNNNSSSSSS OF LOW RISE JEANS !!!!!
    ^ this for me too!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    A BIKINI to the beach for the first time ever!

Something SEXY!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    NOTHING!!:blushing:
    :blushing:
    You took the words right outta my mouth!
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    mid driff tops! my ultimate goal is a flat toned tummy!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    I have a pair of navy flight pants from my younger days with a cute, young airman. Of course I was younger, too and not married!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Shorts! I wear em now but they'll look better. More v-neck shirts! & DEFINITELY, SKINNY JEANS!!
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    I know its this is proably geared more toward women. I am not fashion oriented, but there are types/styles of clothing that either are not made for or just do not work with sizes in the 5-6XL range. I would be satisfied to be able to wear the t-shirts with the sides cut out or be able to take my shirt off outside.

Nearing the halfway point now. My 3XL's are beginning to get roomy.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    A bikini! And very fitted tops once my tummy is flat!
  • Alone_Janny
    Alone_Janny Posts: 4 Member
    Soon I'll start putting a true Corset... When I'll be skinnier I'll buy more and more corset and wear beautiful dresses ! I want to have a lolita - gothic - punk - victorian style ! And wear 20's and 30's clothes !
  • Melbot1000
    Melbot1000 Posts: 16 Member
    I made this goal today. I don't have any nice workout gear, I wear old sweats and shirts to the gym. When I hit my goal weight, I'm going to go get some nice workout clothes. Like some lululemon pants that make my butt go 'OMPFH!". And some tight shirts and sports bras that will show off my improved body.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    I hit my goal of wearing skinny jeans and looking good this weekend,
    next goal is to be able to wear a bikini in public. I have literally never (comfortably) done it before!

And totally slutty halloween costumes, hopefully :)
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 478 Member
    HEELS !!!!!!!!!

Pencil skirts

COLOUR!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Nakedness all day!!! :drinker:
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    I would like to be able to wear a bikini one day and skinny jeans!!! along with fitted shirts and even a mini skirt, not too mini though lol
  • Starbuck2020
    Soon I'll start putting a true Corset... When I'll be skinnier I'll buy more and more corset and wear beautiful dresses ! I want to have a lolita - gothic - punk - victorian style ! And wear 20's and 30's clothes !

Nice :)
  • Mrs_Winfrey
    Mrs_Winfrey Posts: 61 Member
    HEELS !!!!!!!!!

Pencil skirts

COLOUR!!

^^This!! I work in an office and would love to wear more professional, business casual skirts, slacks, things of that nature...but when I gained weight, I couldn't even wear heels any more :( Can't WAIT to get back in to those!!!
  • Jeggings! A&F, Hollister short-shorts, colored spaghetti straps and not just black anymore! A hott new bikini I've had my eye on! Can't wait!!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Clothes from the Jr. department. :devil: