Whatcha gonna wear when your skinny?

Options
Let's be honest- a huge part of why we're all here is to look better. For me, it's all about the clothes. (And health, obviously) I LOVE clothes and fashion. But I tend to dress myself like a slump because I don't like the way anything fits.

This does not mean my giant girly closet isn't filled with beautiful pieces... it just means I can't wear any of them.

So when I'm skinny I will wear.....

SKINNY JEANS. In all colors of the rainbow. With adorable loafer flats, chunky heels, you name it.
Chambray shirts.... much cuter when it doesn't sit like a potato sack.
Fitted dresses! For fall, I'll pair em with tights and fab boots.
And of course, for my darling husband, the occasional.... something lacy.

WHAT ABOUT YOU!

Replies

• Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I really like the bohemian style stuff. I want to be able to dress like a "hippy" or wear steam punk or do anything else that fits my preferences without looking like the fat girl tying to be cool.
  • PradaChick
    Options
    A BRAZILIAN BIKINI !!!!!!! AND OF COURSE TONNNNNSSSSSS OF LOW RISE JEANS !!!!!
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!:blushing:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Clothes that I buy in a department store and not from the fat lady catalogs.
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    The same stuff I wear now. I'll just look better in it :smile: .
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    A bikini at our cottage next summer.

A super sexy little dress at my 25 year high school reunion ("Take that, crush who wouldn't ask me to prom!")
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I really like the bohemian style stuff. I want to be able to dress like a "hippy" or wear steam punk or do anything else that fits my preferences without looking like the fat girl tying to be cool.
    Me too - love my long flowing dresses but not when the top is as wide as the bottom. I'm gonna wear some tops not too revealing but definitely sexier.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Well let's see there's...

Pastel/patterned skinny jeans.

Short skirts/dresses with oxfords
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i have this pair of silver slacks from college (11 years ago) that I haven't been able to fit into in YEARS
    they zip up the back - and the fabric is so unforgiving ~ but I used to wear those and sass around town lookin gooood :tongue:
    They are so completly out of style now - but they remind me of what size I CAN be!
    when I can put those on (all the way) I think I'll cry
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am going to get me a pair of lululemon yoga pants :)

Definitely going to be less shy about the short shorts and skirts with a nice high heel! Nothing like walking around at 6foot 4, knowing you look sexy!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The same stuff I wear now. I'll just look better in it :smile: .

Me too. I just want to look 'average'. That sound more dour than I mean it to be. I just want to be me, wearing neat, comfy clothes that are just loose enough to not look constricting.
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me too - love my long flowing dresses but not when the top is as wide as the bottom. I'm gonna wear some tops not too revealing but definitely sexier.

I like your style. hehe
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A BRAZILIAN BIKINI !!!!!!! AND OF COURSE TONNNNNSSSSSS OF LOW RISE JEANS !!!!!
    ^ this for me too!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    A BIKINI to the beach for the first time ever!

Something SEXY!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!:blushing:
    :blushing:
    You took the words right outta my mouth!
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    mid driff tops! my ultimate goal is a flat toned tummy!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of navy flight pants from my younger days with a cute, young airman. Of course I was younger, too and not married!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Shorts! I wear em now but they'll look better. More v-neck shirts! & DEFINITELY, SKINNY JEANS!!
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know its this is proably geared more toward women. I am not fashion oriented, but there are types/styles of clothing that either are not made for or just do not work with sizes in the 5-6XL range. I would be satisfied to be able to wear the t-shirts with the sides cut out or be able to take my shirt off outside.

Nearing the halfway point now. My 3XL's are beginning to get roomy.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    A bikini! And very fitted tops once my tummy is flat!