Sugar

Options
If you go over your sugar allowance for the day but stay under the calorie allowance, will you still lose weight?

Replies

• claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. The sugar limit on MFP seems so low. I never add sugar to anything but just eating natural fruit (supposed to be healthy!) takes me over the sugar limit on MFP. Any thoughts people have would be helpful.
  • gabbyrockerwebb
    gabbyrockerwebb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sugar in fruits is ok put if u over do it on fatty sugar that when the weight goes up x
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Same problem, every day it seems. I don't even add sugar to my coffee... just fruit, yogurt, cereal, normal things making my daily sugar intake seem off the charts.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    If you go over your sugar allowance for the day but stay under the calorie allowance, will you still lose weight?

You should. I too find the sugar limit on this site set very low. I would try to keep the amount of refined sugar low.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Same problem, every day it seems. I don't even add sugar to my coffee... just fruit, yogurt, cereal, normal things making my daily sugar intake seem off the charts.

Same here.
  • stella308
    Options
    Hi guys, Can you tell me where you find these limits? I haven't been able to locate them.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Refined sugar is the problem. In just about all processed foods there is sugar - in US it's High-fructose corn syrup..nasty stuff. Sugar in fruit is not as bad but you have to watch the 'normal things' because that is not fruit :)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Refined sugar is the problem. In just about all processed foods there is sugar - in US it's High-fructose corn syrup..nasty stuff. Sugar in fruit is not as bad but you have to watch the 'normal things' because that is not fruit :)

The "normal things" keep us sane and getting to work on time. :wink:
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, Can you tell me where you find these limits? I haven't been able to locate them.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi, these are your daily goals for calories, carbs, fat, protein, sugar and sodium (and you can add others in if you want). They are at the bottom of your food list for the day, right before the total. I hope this helps.
  • mtresler
    mtresler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you look at the "Goals" section, you get to pick what you want to see relating to your food. You get to pick. If you pick sugar, it will give you a recommended daily allowance. It's pretty low. Hope this helps. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • mtresler
    mtresler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look at the "Goals" section and select sugar as one of the values you want to see. It will show you the recommended daily allowance for sugar.
  • stella308
    Options
    Sorry for the delay but thanks everyone for answering my question about daily totals. Have a great weekend!