40+ Newlywed looking to give hubby Trophy Wife!

Options
I am not good at hungry and hate structured diet plans. Help! I need all the support I can get. My new husband is awesome and I want to reward him (and me) with a normal weight by year's end. I am 30 pounds away. I do Curves three times a week but struggle with junk food and other yummies. Things are looking better but the scale is still stuck at the yucky number. Any advice, suggestions greatly appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• mayhem1969
    mayhem1969 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    First off your husband married you with 30 extra pounds, so he obviously loves you for who you are! Anything you lose is a bonus. Think of it in these terms and you should do fine. I am like you. I don't do well with diets that deny foods or that structure meals around particular food items (low carb, high protein, grapefruit, etc.) I think that the key to weight loss and a healthy weight over the long term is to enjoy your favorite foods, but to eat them in moderation. If you use this site, count your calories, and exercise regularly, you will lose weight. But, portion control, exercise, and moderation are key. Good luck.
  • MSPENCE
    Options
    All I know is stay honest with your food tracker.... I know it can be UGLY at times but it has really helped me. I have been doing this for two weeks now and I have actually stuck with it. Remind yourself daily of the importance and you will do just fine.
    Best of luck!
  • Ninaad
    Ninaad Posts: 28
    Options
    I am not one to sacrifice good tasting foods. Here are some things that help me when I am really craving a good snack.

-allow myself to have some, but not too much.
    -keep the foods out of sight (otherwise they seem taunting!)
    -reward yourself with a snack (if you lose five lbs, let yourself have that peice of cake, just not too much)
    -sugar free jello. enough said. haha.

Anyways, You can do it! Just dont give up =]
  • RubyRedGrapeFruit
    Options
    Hello and congratulations on getting married!

Use everything this site gives you. The calorie counter is excellent - make sure you enter everything you have eaten...otherwise it's useless at showing you how to change your goodie-eating-ways. I, like you, love the goodies. I find it very helpful to put things like chips or nuts or even chocolate in one ounce (or whatever the serving size on the package says) snack portions. I find that when I need that treat, I let myself have it (if there are enough calories left over for that day). Plan ahead. Do you know it's going to be a rough day tomorrow? LET YOURSELF HAVE THAT CHOCOLATE (or whatever your vice is!). If you allow yourself to go ahead and have it, your body won't go into withdraw....you'll be less likely to binge on it later. Also, when I put things into 1 portion baggies, I'm less likely to eat the whole bag...I've done THAT enough times to know it's possible....

Anyway, good luck on your journey ahead! Do this for yourself - it will be a bonus enough for your husband that you are happy in your own skin!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank,you very much for the sound advice. I went to a Curves weight loss class and they handed out books that outline specific menu's you have to follow - wow - way too much work and stress for me! I like what you say, everything in moderation.
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think the best part of this site is when you're having the moment where you want to cave and eat junk....come here....vent....tell us all how horriable it is....we can relate! ...and of course we'll help you get past it. Also dried fruit is my god sent that with a little granola or nuts always seems to curb my sugar cravings
  • kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can manage about 1800 calories a day on average. Do you think that will do anything for weight loss or an I just treading water?