Do you get mad or happy when people get your weight wrong?

Last night I was walking to the shower in my bathtowel and my dad said, "Hey skinny!". Of course I'm praising myself in my head, "woo!" Then he asked, "What are you now, 140?" Stopped me in my tracks, that's almost 40 pounds iighter than what I am now. I corrected him and he just didn't believe me. Bugged me the rest of the night, glad he didnt overestimate, but still...

Anyone else go through something like this? Did you get upset, or happy with yourself for someone getting it wrong?

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    if someone said i was 40lbs lighter than i really am i would probably give them a HUGE HUG! tell me i'm 40lbs HEAVIER and well i just might smack them upside the heat. thank you very much. :)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    A smack would be very appropriate! Some people just dont get it lol
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    I think how they say it is more important than what they say. If they a genuine and enthusiastic about it then I feel that there is no reason to be mad.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Who cares? Take the compliment and be happy.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    I have a coworker who swears up and down that there's no way my jeans can be a (juniors) size 13 and that I look much smaller than that. Makes me happy!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Why would you be offended that someone guessed you weigh less?

I had a doc's appointment Tuesday and based on how she did the scale, I'm pretty sure she guessed me lighter than I am. And I'm perfectly happy about that.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    I'm thrilled that anyone notices!
  • Personally I don't want people commenting on my weight if it's not on here. My dad did the same as yours the other day and I just felt uncomfortable and offended really... And if someone were to think I'm heavier than I am I'd be devastated. But I'm maybe just pouty.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Sooooo...it bothered you that someone thought you weighed less than you actually do? :huh:
  • I do get kind of annoyed when people guess wrong even if it is under. I'm sick of the "Did you lose all your baby weight yet?" and "You look good...for having a baby!" comments that I hear all the time.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Neither.... I've seen girls (and guys) my size who weigh the same and look completely different. So it doesn't really mean anything.... to me anyway.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Being 5'10, people consistently think I'm 20-30 lbs lighter than I am. It's a compliment. Get over it.

Kthx.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Only when its a crude joke of..."you're too skinny now" besides that its all good.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Sounds like a compliment to me - congrats :flowerforyou:

I get that too....I'm a lot heavier than I look and people are usually surprised when I tell them my real weight lol.

Maybe you are proportioned nicely :-)
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean!!! Just this past weekend while visiting sister-in-law and father-in-law and other family members my sis-in-law and other fam member commented on my weight and how much I have lost. I told them I was NOT done and I need to loose more. They BOTH said no you don't but I insisted I did...so I asked them to "guess" how much they thougth I weigh. One guessed 162 and the other 150... I weigh 189!! Now I have been told that I carry my weight well BUT REALLY... you guess me THAT FAR OFF!!! Made me feel really good of course but I also look at what are they seeing that I am not? I am still plugging along and STILL intend to loose more... guessed wrong weight or not!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Some people carry their weight better than others. I have never looked like I weighed as much as I really did because I am tall, and I knew the tricks to dressing my person etc. Now that I have lost 40 lbs. People still guess me lighter than I am. I am okay with it...
    Browse mybodygallery.com and plug in numbers. same height and weight and people can vary in size by two three sizes.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    im always happy i measure bigger than i look ... as long as it stays that way round anyway... lol
    x
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Yes, I get a little annoyed. I don't think most men really have a clue about womens' weight, to be honest. My dad also made a comment about my weight loss to me the other day (not knowing what my weight is) and I told him, "for my height I should probably be anywhere between 120-150, so I'm comfortable anywhere in that range" and he responded, "you wouldn't want to be 150!! My mother was always 120 and she looked healthy". Well, I'm only a little less than 150 so I was offended lol and also, his mother was 2 inches shorter than me and flat chested... I am a 34dd with a pear shape so 120 on me would not look the same lol. I'm happy when people assume I weigh less than I do but at the same time I get offended when people assume that because someone is a certain weight that it must look bad.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    People always guess me under my actual weight, usually by 40-50 pounds. It means they either suck at guessing weight or I carry my weight well (or both). This has happened many times over the years, no matter how much I weigh.

I'm horrible at guessing people's weight, so it wouldn't bother me if someone guessed higher. I'd probably laugh and correct them. :)
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    honestly i dont care cause they always guess me at lighter than i really am anyways :) so i just nod and say sure haha