Counting fruits and veggies.

Options
Do you guys count fruits and veggiess when logging in your calories?? I haven't been, but myfitnesspal has also been throwing a little bit of a fit with me. >LOL< For the past few days I've been left with about 900 calories uneaten at the end of the day.

Replies

• lroconner
    lroconner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I count everything.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • SJM1066
    Options
    I too count everything but am annoyed because other programs (WW ... ahem) fruits and veggies are free. I often would rather have a 50 calorie piece of chocolate than 50 calories of strawberries. BOO HISS
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    They have calories so they should be counted.
  • KSofiak
    Options
    Yes definitely count everything. some fruit is actually suprisingly high in calories and carbs (if you track carbs at all)
  • cutesmile79
    Options
    I count them as they do have calories, fat, sugars etc. This isn't Weight Watchers where some fruit and veggies don't count.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Aha, I can see your point! I'm the same way sometimes, but it really varies from day to day. I don't eat that many fruits and veggies in the first place, so I guess I was thinking it didn't matter. But I agree, I would far rather have a serving of goldfish than a bunch of grapes.(:
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    yes, more than half my calories are from fruits and veggies, if i didn't count them I'd be screwed. HAHA
  • cheri63664
    cheri63664 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yes I count everything!!! Today so far I've had a banana and a pear = 205 calories!!!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I admit it: if I'm eating less than three cups of lettuce, I usually don't track it. Anything else? Write it down. If you're trying to track calories, you need to track calories, it doesn't work if you don't.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I do, and I think most people should.

I eat 500-600 calories worth of fruits and veggies every day. That's over 50lbs worth of calories a year.

If it's like a piece of lettuce on a sandwich, sure, you can probably skip that. But if you want an accurate count of the calories you consume, you need to track everything.

If you bite it, you should write it.
  • neednewlife
    neednewlife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES-every caloirie counts, and you would be surprised how meany calories are in some fruits and veggies
  • choochoomummy
    Options
    yes - just went to my diary for today and counted almost 400 cals in fruit and veg. It all adds up. And it will give you a more realistic picture of your general nutrition as well.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes, count both.
  • cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do, and I think most people should.

I eat 500-600 calories worth of fruits and veggies every day. That's over 50lbs worth of calories a year.

If it's like a piece of lettuce on a sandwich, sure, you can probably skip that. But if you want an accurate count of the calories you consume, you need to track everything.

If you bite it, you should write it.

Oh I like that...."If you bite it, you should write it."