Halloween?

Options
creech6317
creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
Do you dress up? If you didn't in the past and have lost weight, will you now?
What are you going to be? Will you still give out candy, or is that too much temptation? My daughter nearly cried when I told her we were not buying candy to give out until either the day before or the day of halloween.

We dress up, have a party and give out tons of candy (last year we handed out 10 lbs, there are a ton of kids in our neighborhood).

I want to be a pirate this year. I can't wait to wear one of those sexy, slutty pirate outfits :blushing:

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Not going to dress up.

Will give out candy. I'm not much of a sweets person, so I don't find it overly tempting. I just don't buy Heath bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or dark chocolate (most kids don't like dark chocolate anyway).
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    haha if we go to a party, we will be pirates too!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I always do fun couple costumes (Jack and Sally from the nightmare before christmas, superman and wonder woman ) This year we're going as Alice and the Mad Hatter :)
    I turn 21 three days before Halloween so I'm really looking forward to going out and having fun :)
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'm going out this year depends on my friends. I'm 25lbs lighter this year so its definitely tempting. If I do go I will be an evil doll. :devil: I'd hand out candy too BUT I live in an apartment complex in the outskirts of the city so no kids come out this way.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I dress up every year. I haven't decided what to be yet, but I might just use the costume I made last year. I don't give out candy at my apt. My boyfriend's band is playing a show the weekend before Halloween, so I guess that will be my Halloween celebration this year. My work usually has employees bring in their kids to trick-or-treat in the offices, so I am sort of obligated to hand out candy then. I try to get healthier options to hand out, rather than candy. Last year I got Annie's fruit snacks and the kids seemed to be okay with it.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think our family will be the toy story gang this year. We already bought 3 bags of caramel apple pops...all for us! Target only sells them this time of year. We'll go treating with baby girls for an hour, then head home and pass out chocolates. We also go to the big pumpkin patch and take pictures. Fun fun! Love Halloween but we don't dress sexy now that we have kids.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    One of my sisters always has a huge halloween party in this barn that she owns, and we have to dress up or we aren't allowed to go to the party...so yes, i'll be dressing up.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to have a slutty Halloween costume this year. haha. But really. Leaning towards Misty from Pokemon :happy:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Its been awhile but since ive lost weight I might start looking :happy:
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'll dress up for the work event they're doing on the 30th, but not sure if I'll dress up to hand out goodies on Halloween night. Opinion wanted: Is it okay to wear a sexy costume to work if you wear opaque tights and a slim t-shirt under it, to cover up skin that otherwise would be showing?
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought the "Princess Leia Gold Bikini" costume, but didn't have the balls to wear it.

This year I think I might. :happy:
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about having a Halloween party for my son's age group from our homeschool class group. Would be about 30 kids between the ages of 5 and 8. Fun! I will dress up as something, just don't know what.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Not sure if I will be going to any parties or not this year. BUT, my goal, ONE YEAR, is to be a Sexy French Maid! I know, so cliche but, that is what I want to be!! LOL...or a Sexy Dorothy!! LOL
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My hubbies birthday is Oct 29th so we always have a party and dress up. I don't care what weight I'm at I rock it!

Last year I was a Fairy
    Year before that a vampiress

This year I'm working on a Farmers Daughter costume!
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I saw it in a commercial. It probably will not be this year, but very soon I WILL make an outfit and go as the sock monkey!
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love dressing up but this year I'm having a hard time thinking of what to be lol. (help! lol)

I'm never home on halloween so I don't have to buy any candy lol. If I was home I would buy it, I'm not big on eating it so if there was left over I would bring it to work to get rid of it.
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    was lara croft a few years back....i might do it again- it was pretty awesome!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween! I used to LOVE decorating the yard and dressing up to hand out candy. The house we moved into 5 years ago stinks for halloween! We get maybe 3 - 4 trick or treaters :( I told hubby we have to move lol! I am hoping to be down another 10 lbs by then so I am going to dress up a little ho ish HAHAHA! Would that be wrong for me to be dressed like that to walk my 2 year old around?? hahaha!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought the "Princess Leia Gold Bikini" costume, but didn't have the balls to wear it.

This year I think I might. :happy:

Ummm girl you could totally rock that! My hubby would love it! That's his fantasy woman right there
  • RoseVernon
    Options
    Every year (especially when I feel good about my weight) I want to dress up. I can't ever justify spending the money on a costume though...Boo!