Question : Water intake

Options
Hi! I have recently started using MFP, and was wondering about the water intake. I usuall, drink 8-10 cups of water, daily...but, sometimes, I am slacking, only drinking 5-6 daily. Will the shortage change the way I lose weight? Thanks!!!

Replies

• tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Chug that water girl! =)
  • ashtonvv
    Options
    I am the WORST for water intake. The majority of water I consume is in my tea (which some would argue doesn't count) or when I am working out. I rarely even track my water. The only time I find it really hinders my weight is if I have a high sodium day, in which case I make a point of getting more water in to balance it out.

I would worry about it too much, just speaking from my personal experience.
  • preacheraflame
    Options
    When my water intake is quite a bit under I don't lose anything. When I exceed the pounds really drop. However, I have a lot to lose so my case may be different from yours.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You can get water from other sources, but yes you need to chug that water.

I have a cold glass of water when I first wake up. Stimulates my body and get teh metabolism started.
    Then a glass with my vitamins
    Then a glass before I walk out the door.
    Then I have a 24oz glass on my desk and I drink one before lunch and one after lunch (minimum)
    Then a glass with dinner
    Then hot tea and/or water before bed

I easily consume 90-100oz a day. Its not that hard really.
  • lroconner
    lroconner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I typically drink 100 ounces per day which helps me not to overeat. Plus I workout a lot and I must stay hydrated. You just have to listen to your body.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I find I retain water when I don't get at least 8-10 glasses in - therefore not losing weight. Lately I've been shooting for 84+ oz/day and it's helped.
  • kayladean
    kayladean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments!!
  • juliebeesd
    Options
    I agree with everyone who recommends: "Chug that water!"

It helps with SO many things, including skin health and digestion. Like others have mentioned, I find if I have less than 100 ounces a day, I tend to retain water (and I also feel heavier).
  • Lindacharp
    Options
    I seen or read somewhere that if you make your first drink of the day hot water with lemon it gives your metabolism a boost.