Weighing yourself every day?

Options
Just curious who weighs themselves every day? I do because it keeps me motivated and it keeps me accountable as well. It doesn't hurt that when I lose it feels like a Christmas present either! :)

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used to but am down to every other day. It also motivated me but drove me crazy!!
  • juliebeesd
    Options
    Don't you ever have days where you weigh more than the previous day, for reasons out of your control? That's one of the reasons I decided against every day weigh-ins. Plus, I prefer the bigger pay off that I get once a week! :)
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did the everyday thing but it drove me insane so now I'm once a week only. My sanity is important!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday but, now I do it every 2-3 days. I got a little out of control for awhile with the scale. But, I have learned the number isn't as important as how great I feel!!

Do what works best for you. Good luck :)
  • BrittneyOhhh
    Options
    Don't you ever have days where you weigh more than the previous day, for reasons out of your control? That's one of the reasons I decided against every day weigh-ins. Plus, I prefer the bigger pay off that I get once a week! :)

I know that when I weigh myself that there WILL be days that I will weigh more than the day before. But as long as I accept that I guess I will be able to keep my sanity under control (for the most part lol). I have been weighing myself every day for over a year now (obviously there are days when I can't or that I forget to before I have a cup of coffee... or two), but so far so good!! :)
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    I used to but it started driving me crazy. Now i'm down to two times a week and not going as crazy.
  • Fallouts
    Options
    Weigh yourself every week on the same day as the previous, your weight fluctuates too much day to day. I can gain or lose 3-4lbs a day just from water weight.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day - helps keep me focused
  • mamabearcushing
    mamabearcushing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple of months. I like seeing 12lbs lost instead of 2lbs here and there.
  • cherylf145
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday. I am very aware that my weight can go up and down 1-2 pounds on a daily bases and I am realistic about it and it doesn't bother me in the least. It makes me more accountable and aware of what I am doing and it keeps me on track.

I think it depends on ones state of mind on the issue and also if you aren't driving yourself by the scale. If it is negative or stressful.. don't weigh everyday.. weigh once a week or once a month.
  • amberlilies
    amberlilies Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nope...weekly. If I know I'm on track, then everything comes out in the wash and I'm less likely to feel discouraged by daily fluctuations.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Daily, or nearly so...Let's me know if I need to "tune up"
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single day!! I like to know if what I did the day before good, bad or indifferent moves the scale either way! I don't think it's obsessive it just works for some and not for others!
  • BrittneyOhhh
    Options
    Weigh yourself every week on the same day as the previous, your weight fluctuates too much day to day. I can gain or lose 3-4lbs a day just from water weight.

Water weight is definitely a factor. But weighing yourself at the same time of day is as well. And giving yourself at least 15-20 minutes after you wake up is the best. And I always lightly stretch to relieve acid and wait a few minutes after that to let my body normalize. Obviously not eating or drinking or showering beforehand is ideal as well.
  • BrittneyOhhh
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday. I am very aware that my weight can go up and down 1-2 pounds on a daily bases and I am realistic about it and it doesn't bother me in the least. It makes me more accountable and aware of what I am doing and it keeps me on track.

I think it depends on ones state of mind on the issue and also if you aren't driving yourself by the scale. If it is negative or stressful.. don't weigh everyday.. weigh once a week or once a month.

I totally agree!! I think you have to mentally accept the reality of weight fluctuations to maintain your sanity. It takes a little practice, but once you get over that initial hurdle, it really does help some people (like me) stay on track and keeps me accountable.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance, and I weigh daily. For MYSELF, it is the right thing. I don't let it dictate my mood for the day, lol. If it did, that would be a whole other story.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I'm trying to stop. Woke up feeling skinny this morning and the scale just rained on my parade. Not exactly motivating.
  • BrittneyOhhh
    Options
    I just have to say, for all those who have answered with tickers.... AWESOME PROGRESS!!! Great job!! Keep it up!!!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well, I started out weighing myself daily. But then I developed a really, really unhealthy habit of weighing myself, two or three or four times in a day. I'd start to feel excessively guilty about weighing more or not losing enough... or I'd start to examine my food intake with a fine-tooth comb. These were all things that I knew were not rational but even still, I found myself doing them.

So, rather than perpetuate unhealthy behaviors, I stopped weighing myself altogether (still working out) for about a month. That was six months ago. Now I weigh myself about two or three times a week.

** This is just my experience. Different people have different preferences and different experiences :)
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i do it everyday at the same time. i understand why some ppl only do it once a week but i like just knowing how/where im starting my day. :)