I swore I would never do this.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, amazing, amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    Wow. You look spectacular! Certainly something to be proud of !
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your detailed story. You look beautiful.
    Know this
    YOU ARE ENOUGH you always were and always will be worthy of all life has to offer
    It's just waiting for you to take it's hand.
    A book that helped me begin to understand that it's not about the food is
    Geneen Roth's book Women, God and Food
    I've read it through twice. Once when I was deep in food and now following MFP I understand that I'm capable and I am enough
    Continued success on your journey
  • Joleen4759
    Options
    HI, I JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE ABOUT YOURSELF AND MY HEART WENT OUT TO YOU. I NEVER WEIGHED THAT MUCH BUT AT ONE TIME I DID REACH 305 AND I LOOKED AT MYSELF AND SAID: "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO THE BODY THAT GOD GAVE YOU"? I WAS SO UPSET WITH MYSELF AND AT ONE POINT STARTED EXERCISING AT HOME AND CUTTING OUT THE SWEETS, ETC. AND I LOST OVER 30 POUNDS IN 2 MONTHS THAT SUMMER. I ALSO WENT TO MY DAUGHTERS AND DID WATER AEROBICS, WHICH I JUST LOVED AND THAT TOTALLY STARTED TO FIRM AND BUILD MY MUSCLES UP. I FELT SO MUCH BETTER AND LOOKED BETTER AND HAD MORE SELF CONFIDENCE THAN I HAD IN YEARS.
    OF COURSE, I GAINED IT BACK AND MORE, THAT'S WHEN I WENT WAY UP TO 305. IT'S BEEN OVER 7 LONG YEARS AND HERE I SIT AT 286 AND NOTHING LOST YET.
    THIS TIME I'M NOT GIVING UP BECAUSE I'M 65 AND HAVE A LOT OF JOINT AND BACK PROBLEMS WHICH MAKES IT EVEN HARDER TO DO ANY TYPE OF EXERCISING, BUT I'M STARTING OUT VERY SLOWLY ON MY STATIONERS BIKE AND MY AB-DOER, BECAUSE BETWEEN THE 2 OF THEM, THEY WORK OUT MY ENTIRE BODY.
    I SAW YOUR PHOTO'S AND WOW, YOU ARE A VERY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AND I SUGGEST THAT YOU LOOK AT YOURSELF EVERY DAY AND LOVE THAT WOMAN WHO LOOKS BACK AT YOU AND PRAISE HER FOR DOING A GREAT JOB IN GETTING FIT AND HEALTHY!
    YOU SO DESERVE THAT AND MORE. JUST TRUST IN GOD AND HE WILL HELP YOU THROUGH YOUR JOURNEY. DON'T EVER CONDEMN YOURSELF, WE ALL FALL SHORT AND SOME OF US, UNFORTUNATELY ARE PRONE TO BE HEAVY, BUT WE CAN CONTROL JUST HOW HEAVY WE GET. KEEP ON TRUCKIN' AS THEY USED TO SAY IN MY DAY....
    ANOTHER THING, I WOKE UP TO THE "LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD" STORY ON TV., AND I ACTUALLY WATCHED IT ALL AND THAT GAVE ME SUCH AN INCENTIVE TO GET UP AND START TO MOVE AND WHEN I START TO TIRE, I JUST SAY TO MYSELF, I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN...AND ONCE I REACH MY GOAL, I'LL BE SAYING " I KNEW I COULD, I KNEW I COULD"...KEEP THAT IN MIND AND MAKE THAT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS MOTTO...BECAUSE WE CAN AND WE WILL SUCCEED!!! GOD BLESS YOU.
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you look fabulous , well done :flowerforyou:
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being the angry girl...I was there once too. Still maybe a bit sometimes but I applaud you for being so honest and sharing your story. :flowerforyou:
  • sourbonk
    Options
    Keep it up lady! What an inspiration you are to others around you.
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look terrific!
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    its so about celebrating how far you have come and inspiring others to keep on going. Thanks for the courage to share
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You're really pretty, you know that? Inside and out. Stay strong-there is definitely a world and a life and happiness for you. I'm glad you're starting to see it and believe you're worth it :) xx
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You're really pretty, you know that? Inside and out. Stay strong-there is definitely a world and a life and happiness for you. I'm glad you're starting to see it and believe you're worth it :) xx

i was going to say almost the same thing... she's SO pretty. amazing job...
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    You have been through an amazing transformation! You are worth all the effort that has gone and will go into learning how to be yourself. Way to go!
  • running_mum
    running_mum Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :happy: Very well done! You look amazing and is definitely an inspiration
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, have done a wonderful job and I am so glad you are finding some peace in life at last.
    Although I have never really been overweight, I totally relate to everything else you shared, regarding the therapy, self harming, bulimia and the feelings of self hatred. It was like reading about myself, only I still struggle with those things majorly. Keep going, and take care.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!