13»

Replies

• suckerlove
    Options
    I did, until my husband hid my scale.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm a once a week type of person. I was too obsessive when I tried to do it every day. I will sometimes check in midweek if I think about it.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'd only do that if I wanted a one way ticket to the funny farm lol
  • megtastic80
    Options
    I weigh every day but I'm trying to stop. Woke up feeling skinny this morning and the scale just rained on my parade. Not exactly motivating.

^^^This^^^
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I jump on the scale every morning because I see it while I'm perched on the toidy for my morning BM! LOL
    I just love to see what it says; but I only log my weight once per week on Wednesday a.m.
    Don't fret it though because this is a journey and an adventure in success!
  • megtastic80
    Options
    I did, until my husband hid my scale.

I wish someone would take mine away!!
  • KodiakAndrea
    Options
    out of all the posts I read I like this one the bes. I weigh myself daily, expectiong fluxuations. It helps me keep track of my salt intake. i know that if I am several pound 'heavier' it is likely that I had too much salt and am retaining water. I don't obsess about my weight. When my daughter comes to visit, I hide the scale. She obsseses. Every one is different. Do what is right for you.
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    I weight myself every day twice a day-Morning and night...I know a little OCD...lol, but I like to know where I stand...and it makes me accountable for my food and exercise choices.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Every day, several times a day. I'm not obsessed or freaked out over it- just curious.
    I know it goes up quite a bit after working out, during PMS, after having too much sodium, etc. But I still like to see the numbers and celebrate when they stay the same, even when I expected them to be more.
  • gottagettagrip
    Options
    I do, but I have to see the new number three days in a row
    before I record a change. Ahh, the mind games we play! :-)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weigh myself every morning. I'm just starting out though. I'll probably taper off to every week, maybe in a month or so.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning. I record it on a site that figures a moving weighted average to get a more real value out of the fluctuations. It helps me keep track, and to see what the current rate of loss is. If the curve is flattening out over a week, then I need to evaluate what I'm doing. I like graphs because I can see the downward slope showing my loss. :)
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't you ever have days where you weigh more than the previous day, for reasons out of your control? That's one of the reasons I decided against every day weigh-ins. Plus, I prefer the bigger pay off that I get once a week! :)

I know that when I weigh myself that there WILL be days that I will weigh more than the day before. But as long as I accept that I guess I will be able to keep my sanity under control (for the most part lol). I have been weighing myself every day for over a year now (obviously there are days when I can't or that I forget to before I have a cup of coffee... or two), but so far so good!! :)

I recently downloaded an app on my iPhone that does a weighted rolling average of your weight, which is great when you are in maintenance and just trying to keep it steady. Ideally, you do weigh yourself every day and it uses some statistial parameters to even out the daily ups and downs of your weight and to give you a better overall picture of what your actual weight is. I've only had it less than a week, but I think I will upgrade to full version in a couple of weeks. It's called "True Weight". There might be better ones out there, but I just went with what I found quickly!
  • happymom92092
    happymom92092 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple of months. I like seeing 12lbs lost instead of 2lbs here and there.

I probably only weigh about every 10 days or so and there is one point in the month where I stay *away* from the scale. I think it depresses me to watch it fluctuate. It may take 3 weeks to drop that one more pound sometimes, but I know it's a slow go now and I am getting close to just maintaining. It was tough before they changed my medicine so I would stop having hormone issues!

My bigger focus is how my clothes fit, and whether I feel I am getting stronger during soccer. I can see in the mirror more of what I want when it comes to muscle tone than I'll see in a scale number.

Don't worry about how often. How you truly feel is the best measure.