what has a lot of protein?

Options

Replies

• tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Quinoa you find it in health food stores.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    meat, nuts, greek yogurt, cheesesticks, eggs
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Steak
    Chicken
    Fish
    Quinoa
    Beans and rice (must be together)
  • sc0ttie
    Options
    Eggs.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    protein shakes, chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese, quest nutrition bars, shrimp, turkey.... so many good things.............
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I hear protein shakes might have some amount of protein. Also greek yogurt, lean meats
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, Tuna fish are great. (some yogurts are good)
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, tuna, egg whites, whey, cheese, pumpkin seeds,
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    EAS Myoplex Original 42g, Bolthouse Farms Chocolate Protein Plus 30g, Orgain creamy chocolate fudge 16g, Whey Protein Isolate 30g, plus the different meal sub bar ranging from 16 to 32g.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options

If you can believe this; I found it at Walmart. I eat quinoa about every other day. It tastes great and it is sooo healthy:)
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    I just started getting dried salted soy beans...delicious and lots of protein!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Beef
    Chicken
    Fish
    Turkey
    Cheese
    Protein Powder
    Peanuts
  • scottg1024
    Options

If you can believe this; I found it at Walmart. I eat quinoa about every other day. It tastes great and it is sooo healthy:)

My local chain (as well as Kroger) stocks it in the gluten-free area. It's kind of hard to find because they don't stock a lot of it -must not be in high demand and the box is small. The first time I got it I also got a lesson in pronunciation...I fell like an idiot asking for Kin-o-a.

"Keeen wa" the stock guy corrects me.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    quinoa had 8 grams, my chicken patties had like 18, my whey had 27 I think, oatmeal had 3. Almond milk is pretty good there. I know my egg white omelets (I add 2 yolks/6 eggs) have a lot too.

really my go to is whey with almond milk at lunch or a snack and an omelet at bedtime over salsa. Spicy and yummy. Low calorie and it seems to be the equation that sets me up to loose weight. That and my am breakfast. IF I skip either of these too much I plateu, and even if they are not connected at all to my loss, I love them both! And I love to eat late at night when I go to bed. I wake up hungrier and less lethargic.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Please realize: Quinoa does have SOME protein... the thing about it that is "attractive" is that it is aCOMPLETE protein... ie all essential amino acids. not a high protein count though (8 grams for a serving)

I get at least my body weight in Protein daily; I eat plain non-fat greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, eggs, chicken, steak, pretty much all meat has the best protein.

Grains and nuts are imcomplete proteins and offer far less per serving. I dont eat them to hit my goal, I eat them because I like them. :wink: