This motivates me ...

Options
First, since I *know* how things go on the net...I am in NO WAY making a judgement on anyone...this is about ME and where I do or do not wish to be, health wise.

Today I met a man who is on dialysis and is blind due to uncontrolled diabetes...This man had for his lunch/dinner Bojangle's Chicken (that's deep fried for those not familiar with)...

That SCARED ME...that could be me in future, I could be blind or on dialysis due to diabetes...IF I weren't determined to get my weight back down, get back to my healthy eating habits, get moving (exercise) and visit the Doc regularly.

I had been feeling rather *like* "Is this effort I've been making really worth it?" the last week. Seeing this man with his food choices, even having to be on dialysis 3x week...Scared me right into "YES, it is DAMN WELL WORTH IT!"

'Cause ya know, I don't EVER want to be there at all.

-pennie

Replies

• Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good on you Pennie.

For me, It's almost a foregone conclusion that I'll one day be on dialysis but I'm going to try and keep it at bay for as long as possible with some food and exercise choices. Also, being and remaining fit and healthy also puts me at the head of the queue for a transplant. It's what keeps me going.