what do you snack on at the movies?

Options

Replies

• windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i measured it all out and wrote on the bag with a sharpie "300 calories of deliciousness for the movies" just to be a weirdo lol

LOL
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If I do go to the movies, I'm getting an xl popcorn with extra butter, a very large coke, and some cookie dough bites. It's one day.
  • pcgirl58
    pcgirl58 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    chocolate cheerios - yum
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to have a snack?
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If I do go to the movies, I'm getting an xl popcorn with extra butter, a very large coke, and some cookie dough bites. It's one day.

Yep - it's a cheat-treat for me. - medium with extra butter for me.
  • juliette28
    Options
    [what i do is get a gallon ziplock back and add random little things to it that make it a little mix. the last time i did that i had veggie chips (LOVE), wheat pretzels, and some raisins. i measured it all out and wrote on the bag with a sharpie "300 calories of deliciousness for the movies" just to be a weirdo lol

Love this! :laugh:
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    I buy two 20oz bottles of water and drink them throughout the movie.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Subway.
    Silly I know.
    But my SO likes doing it. Makes us laugh for no reason.
  • karebrr23
    Options
    Lol this made me laugh because a couple of months ago my boyfriend and I went to the movies. Right after we sat down, he whipped out a subway sandwich from inside his hoodie. I was like, where the heck did that come from? Funny but it was soo good :)
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i usually just get popcorn their with the evil oil they call butter.. and bring a couple bottles of water in my pockets and save 5 bucks.. did bring in a subway sandwhich once
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Pop a mini-bag of orville redenbacher 100 calorie at home and pack in a ziplock bag in my purse.
    I've also brought in baggies with sliced cucumbers, grape tomoatoes, and sliced bell peppers.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Normally get some soft pretzel bites with spicy cheese sauce.
    The wife brings some candy (usually includes Spree, Skittles, Peachy-O's, etc)
    And a giant soda....

oh....you were looking for healthy items, huh? Oops.

Uh, yeah, nothing healthy here either...hubby and I share a big poutine fries from New York Fries, and popcorn....he usually gets a pop, I usually get water (only because I find the movie theater pop watery) Sometimes some kind of gummy candy like sour peaches or gummy bears.

Usually we try and go out for dinner too, and if we did then we would skip the poutine fries. We only go out 3 or 4 times a YEAR so when we do, we make it worth it.

I guess if I HAD to take healthy snacks then I would take some dried fruit, or small crackers/pretzels.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I try to bring fruits & veggies in - like cut up apples, carrots, blueberries. And definitely a bottle of water - you can buy it there of course, but it's a lot cheaper to sneak it in. And I am a cheapskate.

Edit: I try to bring those snacks, but truth be told, when I go with my family and they get popcorn and candy... I end up eating some. I am better at limiting the candy than the popcorn.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    If you have a big handbag, you can sneak in your own buttered popcorn. Homemade is much cheaper and healthier than the movie theater stuff. Unfortunately, the movie popcorn is addictive as hell for me.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Nope, some reason I never get hungry while watching Movies. Guess I'm too focused on the actual movie.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    hm..i brought an earl grey tea and a blueberry pomegranate yogurt bar...i was good

unfortunately the movie was "meh"

not even comparable to the exorcist, so many unnecessary scenes, not enough of the possessed little girl freaking out etc
  • ascotton80
    ascotton80 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How about not eating anything at all? Eat before the movies....

There's no reason we have to eat and watch movies....it's all in our minds.

Yup.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to have a snack?

^^^^^^ my thoughts exactly!
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit like apples, pears or bananas
    Fresh veggies like baby carrots, red pepper strips, celery or sugar snap peas (although if they're crunchy/noisy you risk blowing your cover :laugh: )
    Single serving cereal boxes without milk
    Low-cal drinks like water, coffee, tea, or diet pop
    Light microwave popcorn in a ziplock
  • smitten4glitter
    smitten4glitter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been known to cut up an orange or a cucumber usually I do both and sprinkle tajin on it with a squeeze of lemon. In case your wondering Tajin is this lemon chili powder stuff that is AWESOME its super yummy on popcorn too. If I want something with a crunch I do an apple that way too. It's usually our go to snack after school or in between meals. Pretzels with a meassured serving of Nutella is bomb too;) beef jerky is great too we get the hot pepper flake so i can up my water becuase it's so damn spicy:)