How accurate are the scales on the wii fit board?

Options
I have just bought a wii fit, and it tells me I am a different weight to what my scales tell me. It also tells me I have gained weight when my other scales tell me I've lost it! :huh:

My daughter tried and the wii fit said she was lighter than my scales said, so the other way round to me.

Which one should I believe?

Wii fit board is on thick carpet and scales are on a hard floor, not sure if that makes any difference.

Replies

• DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit Board is quite accurate, mine is in any case - but I have both on tiles. I think the carpet might be the problem
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes, carpet can mess up the accuracy. Even my scale shows a 20 pound difference when I put it on carpet as apposed to tile and the results seem to be different every time I step on it on carpet.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's the carpet. I tested mine out by checking my weight with the wii fit on the carpet, then I tested it again with a board under it. Big difference and it was a lot closer to my regular scale :flowerforyou:
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't accurate.
    I was on carpet though!

One day it told me I lost 40lbs...

Then when I got a digital scale I was 5lbs heavier then what my wii scale was telling me.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick with what my normal scales tell me then. I have been weighing myself in Boots once a month and the lbs lost seem to match up with my normal scales (the weights don't quite, but I realise that scales differ and as long as the difference is the same I am happy).

It just worried me slightly that the wii fit was telling me I'd put on weight when my scales were telling me I'd lost it!

Thanks for your answers.