Friday Morning Weigh In's

Options
Good Morning Pals,

Some pals and I recently made the commitment to start weighing in our Friday mornings and letting everyone else know, so that we could hold ourselves and each other accountable. The idea is so we support & motivate one another to make better choices and help to achieve our goals. Every Friday - good or bad!!! Please feel free to chime in and friend me if you would like to be included! :)

Here it goes:

Today I was up .4!!! I can honestly say that I've been struggling with alot of stressful things in my life for the past month, so I haven't been tracking or exercising like I should. Shame on me! But I'll take .4 over a couple of pounds. And instead of getting down about it, I got on the elliptical for 15 minutes and plan to get on again once I get home from work!

Let's hear it pals... how did YOU do?!?!?

Replies

• ericawebb11
    Options
    well I was up 2.4 this morning.. which I expected because I was TERRIBLE this weekend at the NASCAR race... but I'm going to just track it and move on and hope for a better week next week!
  • Bca_Ncol
    Options
    Well that's a postive way to think about it. It's a new week! Make positive decisions. And you can bet your bum that if I'm getting up at 5:30 on weekdays - I'm going to be texting you to get up to exercise too! Good job owning up to it! And I'm here for ANY support you need! :)

Also, it's going to be a gorgeous weekend! I'm going to make it a point to get out and do something fun with Phillip like frisbee or long walks or something.
  • ehalps26
    ehalps26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    love your attitude
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Down 1 lb today which was a relief because the needle was stuck on the scale at the same weight for a few weeks. Loving this Friday weigh-in and the support!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I had a small loss last week which was sort of expected. I did have a NSV - I lost close to 2 inches off my hips! This week I made sure to log every taste and pinch and really watched my sodium. I actually worked out one day less this week and lost 2.2!! I am one pound away from my declared goal. :)
  • hb817
    hb817 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good morning :smile:

I was down 1 lb this am (last weigh in monday) and although I was expecting something more than just a lb since i've been working my butt off all week IM HAPPY!! :happy: I'll take any number as long as its DOWN!!!
  • plinkityplonk
    Options
    I'm in! I weigh in on Friday mornings too. This morning I was down 1lb. Last week i was down 5lbs (but that was my first proper weigh in so I'm guessing it was water!).
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ive stayed the same since last week. One day this week I over did it with Chinese so Im happy that the scale stayed the same and didnt go up. Im also getting closer to my goal weight so I dont expect it to fall off fast. Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning too. Up 5 lbs this week, due mostly to gluten reaction/bloat and no exercise do to a hurt knee. Will not freak out about it - just focus on the right food and start a new week. Hope to start working out again next week after my ortho appt.

It will come off again.

Have a great week everyone!!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Down .2 this morning, but my "official" weigh in is Sunday...this is a good idea! :)
  • snowyd20
    Options
    As of this morning, I'm down 17lbs since July 5th! I'm pretty much a machine right now!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Morning! Sounds great to me! My official weigh in day is Friday :) Well....I'm down 2 pounds today! I'm happy about that! I've been traveling for the last month...so I had to get that extra weight gain off of me first. So I'm back on track...
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am up 1 this morning but I am not worried. My pants are extremely baggy in the frong and the rear so I am doing something right... I try not to judge by the scale too much. I am a woman and retain water like a motherf****r...
  • Bca_Ncol
    Options
    Wow - great support everyone!!! Feel free to add me if you would like some additional help and motivation. :) I'm getting married in 9 months and could really use the support to help me get down for that!

I'm so proud that everyone is owning up to their weight! Regardless if it's up or down. Make sure you celebrate your successes and do NOT beat yourself up or get discouraged if you are up. Focus on the new week, make positive decisions & be sure to motivate one another. Keeping a positive attitude about what you are doing and helping one another do the same will make a world of difference. And wimeezer - I have a gluten allergy/irritation as well. It can be a really tough thing to manage & trying to lose weight with that can be difficult. Just try to work through!

Have a great weekend everyone! =]
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    I am down 1.5 pounds this week. Was originally disappointed but my friends here have right my thinking! I posted about this in Success stories.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I lost .6 which i'm happy about as long as i don't gain.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.4 lbs as of this morning. I have not had a loss like this in awhile. Last week, it was a loss of .8. So I would imagine it will be similar next week. I really like the idea of this thread to help keep us accountable and also for motivation.

Thanks OP!!!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    210 same weight as last Friday! :)
  • patmat
    Options
    Hello I'm glad to find this goup. I have been doing well and not too worried about the scale, but it's great to have motivation and support along the way. I weighed in this morning at 1.2 lbs up, but my offiicial weigh in is on Sunday. Have a great weekend all.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Down 2lbs this week, taking me to 128.2 (from my highest weight of 180lbs)...only 8 more pounds to GOAL! x