Superbowl????

Options
Whats on the menu for the Superbowl parties??? Are you sticking to the diet or just eating in moderation? What are some good, healthy, game night type foods? Any suggestions.....

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    my boyrfriend is going to be making fried buffalo wings and all that stuff so yah. Im just going to try to pick a little all day..and drink light beer lol
  • diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It is an extremely HARD day to be 'Good' :( i put the superbowl up there with thanksgiving lol.. just be sure to get a Good work out in that Sunday before the game.. knowing that you worked out wont make u feel as bad at picking at all the food in front of you...

Go Steeleres :drinker: SIXBURGH
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Our Sunday School class always has a chili cook-off. I will just be making sure that I don't eat too much and make sure I work out. The party is at my house so I can burn some of those extra calories cleaning.
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    I'll be gettin my grub on! No calorie counting on game day for me!

Go SAINTS!!!:drinker:
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Hungry Girl boneless buffalo wings & Weight Watchers potato skins. Both of these recipes are on those sites. We've had them both & they are yummo w/not alot of guilt. I'll think I'll also do a veggie tray w/ low cal dip. Munch all evening on those. And yes a few light beers will be consumed as well! GO SAINTS!!!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    vegetable pizza! it's so easy... use pita bread and spread low fat cream cheese. then top it off with boccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, and any other veggies you like. i love onions, so i put some on. and mushrooms :) sprinkle the top with low fat parmasan cheese! yumm-o!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Luckily, the Superbowl falls during my dance class. Otherwise, I'd probably go to a party and splurge like a fiend :)
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    we have a deep frier party every superbowl. everone has to come with something different to put in the fryer, and the best recipie wins. I am going to cheat a bit BUT...... I am going to bake the chicken wings pre-party and then sauce them with different sauces and put the into the broiler to get crispy. you can eat 8 baked wings for 320 calories. I am also going to serve salsa instead on regular dip. these are things my guests won't notice. a fruit and veggie bowl will be out too.
  • mariaprice1
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! oh, I forgot...GO SAINTS LOL
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'll be gettin my grub on! No calorie counting on game day for me!

Go SAINTS!!!:drinker:

hehehe keeping it real!!
  • thecheese
    thecheese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    here are some suggestions for parties....bring a veggie dip plate and use ff sour cream or cheese for the dip then you have something healthy to pick on. If you plan on drinking 1. light beer, red wine or clear liquor w club or diet soda and make every other drink a glass of water with lemon or lime (will give you the impression its a vodka tonic or something you'd want to be drinking at a party and keep all the naysayers from asking why your not drinking). Bring the lemon lime slices if this is your plan so you can be sure they are there.
    instead of grazing make a small plate and walk away from the food, this will give you a better idea of what you are consuming and if you put healthier choices on your plate and walk away you will be filling yourself with good things before you have a chance to load up on dessert.
    Also eat a healthy meal before you go so that you are not ravenous and in front of junk food which might cause you to overeat the wrong foods.
    Moderation is key and deprivation usually ends badly so don't deny yourself everything...pick dessert or snack that you want and have it in combination with other good food choices :)
    Position yourself somewhere that food can't be reached...ie don't sit in front of a table that has bowls of chips etc....nobody is that good LOL

I'm going to a work party with 5hr free open bar...wish me luck LOL Have fun everyone:smile:
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    OMG thank you for posting on the superbowl. I am going to an all girls superbowl party and thought well that isn't until the 7th.....AAAHHH that is THIS sunday. Lots of great ideas on here... I will def be cheating, but try and keep it all in moderation and document it with pictures to post on my website mirandasjeans.blogspot.com
    \
  • lilshorde56
    Options
    ok so superbowl i am having a party at my house...6ft hero chips dip wings pizza blah blah blah.....i am NOT calorie counting on superbowl sunday it really is piontless i am enjoying my day with my family and friends! superbowl counts as a holiday to me and only comes around once a year so basically im stuffing my face and i dont even care lol! im just going to the gym at 8 am and burning at least 1,000 calories so i dont feel so bad! i have been working out so hard and watching for a while now and i feel like i deserve this on day!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I dont even want to think about how many cals I am going to take in...with all the beer, chicken wings, ranch dressing, and other snacks....its okay though...its once a year
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I am actually going to try and eat very very little and just consume alot of beers instead. My goal is to eat 1 plate of what I want and that is it. No 2nd or 3rds and no munching. What fits on the plate is what will go in..Its the beers that will kill me (gluten free beers have no light option)
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Unfortunately there will be no superbowl party for us this year. My DH has to work on Sun. night. So looks like I will stick to my diet, although a cocktail might be in order. Besides its not me who has to work.lol
  • brookelillie
    Options
    Two words: crawfish boil.Can't be that bad right? Geaux Saints!! WHO DAT!!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    brookelillie - I'm JEALOUS! I'm from Louisiana but have lives in Colorado for 5 years now. I wish I was in NOLA right now...I bet it has so much great energy!
    I have found a bar out here to watch the Saints games at...for the NFC Championship game we had over 325 Saints fans show up! Pretty amazing. They are even going to have Abita on tap just for us!
    Anyway...I'll be at a bar for the Superbowl so I dont know just how healthy I can be. Beer and bar food?!?! I this will be bad news for me!
    GO SAINTS!!!! WHHOOOOOO DAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    Two words: crawfish boil.Can't be that bad right? Geaux Saints!! WHO DAT!!

Woot! Wear you from?