I have really fallen off the wagon now

Options
I don't know how to stop! The last few days I just can't seem to stop eating crappy food. I have gotten some veggies and such in there as well but I can't stop with the sweets!

I made some homemade brownies for my husband, who has only ever had the boxed kind, and now I find myself stuffing them into my face.

UGH. How do you get and stay motivated!?!

Replies

• appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself what your priorities are,
    write them down.

For me, when cravings strike, losing weight, and losing weight today, not tomorrow.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Also I had to quit baking. Like quitting smoking. I have cravings all the time. (for both the baking and the smoking).
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dont bake it if you cant handle it. I cant bake or I eat it all no matter how hard i try not to. even frozen solid if I want it its MINE!!! LOL!

Sorry, but he will have to suffer. Now go exercise if off and drink a ton of water ! ;)
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    Yea like she said. Create a plan, write it down, and stick with it. Maybe have your husband join in and support you as well. My wife asked me for so long to jump on board and now yrs later when I really felt the need I did and I regret not supporting her earlier. Sometimes its easier with a partner and a plan.
  • samlankford
    Options
    I get into little fits like that.. mostly my love affair with natural peanut butter... Just give me a spoon and I could eat the ENTIRE jar... lol maybe the cooler weather moving into most areas now.. It is one slip, just get back to eating healthy.. you set out with reasons why your eating better, put little stickie notes around reminding your self of those... FYI if there are brownies in my house hell yeah I am going to tear them apart!! lol
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Write down your reasons for wanting to lose weight and stick them on the fridge or kitchen cupboard .....

I have mine on my Blackberry as well so I can read them whenever temptation strikes

Build into your plan a treat day or a treat a day ... and don't feel guilty about it

Eat more slowly and make sure you always sit down to eat (sounds obvious but this really does work)

Pat yourself on the back when you do well .... however small your success is.
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am the same way - I love to bake especially now that its getting a little cool out. I can't control my portions so I'm not going to bake until I feel like I can keep things in check! One step at a time!
  • way2shy
    way2shy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Log in every bite you take in a day. It will help when you decide "do I want a Brownie now or a fulfilling meal later?" I also struggle with this every day...My husband is a farmer and wants a hot high calorie meal every day, beef, mashed potatoes, veggies and homemade bread. I am a great cook and can my own food and prepare everything from scratch but my goodness is it fattening. I have asked him to help me in this by eating leaned meals with me, less carbs and more salads, veggies and NO BREAD. He has agreed and so far doesn't seem to mind. He thinks cardboard tastes good if I spice it up a little.LOL You can't be married and do this alone get help from your family, they will understand. Go online and look at all the fantastic recipes out there for low cal deserts and such you would be amazed at what is there, (I am a little afraid to try some new things but who knows I may really like it.)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to stop! The last few days I just can't seem to stop eating crappy food. I have gotten some veggies and such in there as well but I can't stop with the sweets!

I made some homemade brownies for my husband, who has only ever had the boxed kind, and now I find myself stuffing them into my face.

UGH. How do you get and stay motivated!?!

oh, ive been there with cookies i made for my fiiance. once theyre all consumed, i keep plugging away with healthy eating. from scratch brownies/cake/cookies have a very short life in our house. just move on from it.
  • way2shy
    way2shy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OOPs, I am afraid to weigh in right now. As you can see I just started too and have fallen too many time to count but we are going to beat this.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Since I love to bake & my family loves it too, I try to bake stuff that I don't particularly care for. That way I'm not tempted!
  • meganbook
    Options
    You've lost 27lbs! That's amazing! Try looking at a picture of yourself from 27lbs ago, before you dive into those brownies. Take a big deep breath and think about all the hard work and dedication it took to where you are now. You're not going to let just a few moments of sweet tooth satisfaction turn you back down the path of where you were before. They're just brownies, you've had them before, and you'll have them again. But not now! You're worked too hard to let this be a bump in your road to weight loss. When you hit your goal weight, treat yourself to something guilty and high five yourself. You'll get there, and you'll feel GREAT! Keep it up!
  • asticoral
    Options
    My roommate drags home all sorts of crap; McD's, pizza, chips/salsa/cheese, mt. dew, plain bagged candy, and purposely shoves it under my nose, now that I've hit 24lbs lost I can stare down the 2 double cheeseburgers without batting an eye.

If I eat anything, it has a purpose in my daily intake, like an occasional 11 potato chips at lunch so I can burn them off in the afternoon. Food is only for fueling our bodies, it can be fun and good, but with anything~ over-indulgence can be a problem.

Look at your brownie recipe and see how you can make them GOOD for you and hubby. Instead of plain flour use a healthy alternate: whey, soy, flax, whole wheat. You get the idea......... instead of battling with 800 calories to burn off - its 200 (just sayin)

:smile:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I have been sober for over 29 years. So I just have to applied the same mentality toward trigger foods that I did when I stopped drinking. 1 is too many, 1000 isn't enough. I didn't have to stop drinking forever. Just for one day.
    It is not a matter of will power. I call it won't power. "I won't reach for that." :happy:

Don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up and follow your plan for one more day. You can do anything for one day. :bigsmile:
  • jennielhawk
    jennielhawk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    toss the crappy food in trash and get it out of the house....I am the same way, if I bake it ...in the mouth it goes...its hard but at least you asked for help!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good news! I stopped the wagon, you can get back on right now! That crappy food you ate, well it's been and gone. But you haven't eaten crappy food tomorrow, have you? Exactly. So hop oooooon, this wagon isn't gonna leave without you!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I found that having a 'back on the wagon' event/habit helped. For me, it was eating an apple. Once I ate the apple, I was back on the wagon. And I would actually tell myself "Eat the apple, get back on the wagon" -- weird, but it worked/works for me.

In the meantime, cut the brownies into squares. Freeze the brownies.

Your husband can thaw them out when he wants one.
  • BirdieNYC
    BirdieNYC Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nothing keeps me more motivated to eat healthy than exercise. Even if you have a full day of crappy food, just FORCE yourself to the gym and sweat on the elliptical for 30 minutes. Get through that and you'll feel a renewed sense of direction. Then start to go in the mornings. That will help keep you eating more healthy (otherwise, effort wasted right?).

Most importantly, this minor set back will not sabotage your long term goal! Don't think like all or nothing! Thats the most destructive diet saboteur on the planet. You CAN have a bad few days, but you always have to get back on the wagon and get yourself to the gym! This is about health right? You only have one body in this life- don't treat it badly!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I take one look at my daughter and remind myself that I don't ever want her to have to bear the burden of being as obese and unhealthy as I am. Now that she's old enough to know what's healthy and what isn't, she's been the one helping ME make better food choices, and our daily ritual now is to do yoga together before I do my intense workouts on the Wii Fit (granted, she's not very good at doing yoga being only 4 years old, but she LOVES helping me with my "exercises"). She loves raw fruits and veggies (but also loves normal kid stuff too like mac and cheese and chicken nuggets). She refuses to drink anything carbonated because she had a traumatic experience when she was 2 1/2 where she chugged a glass of sparkling grape juice while my back was turned and burped so hard she vomited all over the place. She's very active and takes a tumbling/gymnastics class once a week, chooses healthy snacks and even points out if something isn't healthy for me or my husband.

She's all the motivation I need :)
  • BirdieNYC
    BirdieNYC Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    And your good habits that you set will influence the people around you!!