to duct tape or not to duct tape?

Options
so, last night i didn't have socks to run and no access to any...i ended up running in my shoes only...BIG MISTAKE.

needless to say my feet are in bad shape...

problem? i have to run 20 miler tomo and idk what to do...i looked up on different websites that a lot of runners who encounter what i am wrap their feet in duct tape ....sounds scary but i will do it if it works...

didn't know if anyone out there has used this methodology?

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've used athletic tape... haven't gave the duct tape a go. Sounds weird. And slippery when wet.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Do you put the duct tape on your skin or are you wrapping your feet in something first? Sounds painful.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm not a world class runner by any means, but it works surprisingly well.

I had a few blisters on my foot the other day, and I've been putting duct tape over the blister, then over the sock where the blister is and they are healing great... no pops or anything.

By the time you are done with your workout/race/whatever the sweat will have ruined the adhesive and it comes off very easily.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    so, last night i didn't have socks to run and no access to any...i ended up running in my shoes only...BIG MISTAKE.

problem? i have to run 20 miler tomo and idk what to do...i looked up on different websites that a lot of runners who encounter what i am wrap their feet in duct tape ....sounds scary but i will do it if it works...

If your feet are that bad I think I would skip the 20.......
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do not put duct tape on bare skin. You will rip the skin off of your blisters. By blister protectors by Band-Aid. Nice and cushiony and won't damage you
  • hummus40
    Options
    so when you used the duct tape did you put it directly on your foot ....like wrapping it up (mummy style)? and that having been asked ...were your blisters gone? reason i ask is b/c mine are totally gone and i have brand new open skin now...so idk if that would still be a good idea.

also, when you did it...when it came time to remove did it come off easy?
  • stephvaile
    Options
    http://fixingyourfeet.com/Taping-for-Blisters.html

TRY THIS SITE IT MAY/OR MAYNOT HELP
  • hummus40
    Options

i cant do that...thats not an option...need to do something to fix it enough to run...thats why i put this question out there
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

i cant do that...thats not an option...need to do something to fix it enough to run...thats why i put this question out there

your feet.....your call.......but it's always an option.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about duct tape, but athletic tape does work. Not sure how it would hold up on a 20mile run though.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm telling you, as long as you are hydrated enough to sweat at ALL, the tape will come off of the skin no problem. I have a blister on my right foot the size of a 50 cent piece, and I have been taping it daily since it came up. I use a square just large enough to cover the entire blister and a little space on both sides.

If you want to pay 6 dollars for "blister" protectors (that in my experience have just drove me INSANE) instead of buying a cheap roll of duct tape that will cover every blister or sore you are likely to have for 6 months go ahead.

Different strokes for different folks.