Its friday! What are the lowest calorie alcohol drinks?

Options

Replies

• dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My friends are shot people. Our shots are Bacardi Limon. (around 65 calories) So I drink Miller 64 and of course the shots. I track all of my food/drinks for the day before we go out. I usually go over by a couple drinks and they never make it to my diary. I am losing, slowly.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    flavored vodka and soda water :)

My favorite! Stick with decent vodka though. Cheap flavored vodka is too harsh for just soda water.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke.
    NO carbs, NO sugars, and it is only 65 calories for an 8 oz glass (1 ounce rum + 8 oz diet coke). Vodka also has no carbs, no sugars.

Add lime to cut the sweetness down til you get used to such sweetness. Also nice, it can be tweaked to control your buzz, made (stronger or weaker.)

Also, when i want a buzz, i tend to eat very little that day,
    so that i wont' have to drink much to get my buzz on, saves calories that way.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bud 66 and red stripe are quite low cal- I've learned to love them.

Red stripe is good :) I drink wine everyday but when I want an extra glass I just make sure I burn some extra calories that day.

Agree about the wine. I drink about 4 ozs of red wine every day. If you budget for it as a snack (ie. drink the 4 oz of wine instead of a eating a bag of chips or something) and don't overdo it, you'll be fine.
  • JenSpinnaChick
    JenSpinnaChick Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite (besides beer) is Bacardi Grape rum mixed w/ sprite zero,,,,tastes just like grape soda!!! yummo
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just to put it in perspective, I drink (sometimes) on the weekends. We're shot takers. I've started drinking captain morgon because its only 57 calories a shot. I elimated my usual chaser of coke. Not only am i not drinking the sugary coke, i tend to drink less in general.
    I just do a little planning before i start drinking and log what i can "afford" calorie wise into my diary and logg it in. If i limit myself to say 4, i'm usually pretty good about stopping at 4. I just make sure i eat before hand so i don't start splurging and i drink water during.
    My weightloss has stayed on track.
  • campbum
    Options
    i tend to drink spiced rum and diet coke!
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I drink Barefoot Pinot Girgio and I'm not giving it up but will add it to my trakcer this weekend. :drinker:
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've discovered Bacardi Razz and Diet Coke or Diet Sprite...so good!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My friend drinks MGD-miller genuine draft cause it has the lowest calories for beer but I dont drink it cause I have to drink too many to get a buzz. I like straight Miller light, its strong enough and i dont feel all bloated and gassy and usually I wake up with a flat tummy even after having 5 of them in one night, over a few hours of course.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bacardi and a diet soda. Personally I like to rock Four Loko drinks on Friday. They are pretty horrible for you but kick *kitten*. :drinker:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what everyone drinks at the weekend? I know alot of you guys have probably cut alcohol out for a while, but there must be some of you who like a cheeky glass or two at the weekend? What are the lowest calorie drinks? I've been treating myself to a glass of white wine and sprite zero at the weekend. :drinker:

My drink of choice is Bombay Gin and Tonic with a lime. I think it's 120 calories or so. I log it 3-4 times a week in my diary.

I haven't given anything up, drinking or food-wise since I joined MFP about a year ago. I'm a runner and I run/workout/circuit train a lot. I've done a full marathon, half-marathon and 8k this year. I'm training for a half-marathon and 2-8ks this Fall. I also do circuit training classes at a local gym and Jillian Michael's DVDs.

It's calories in vs. calories out so you can eat most of what you like (within reason!) as long as you burn it off :)
  • Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I drink falvored vodka, either stoli or smirnoff, with water. 1 oz of either of those vodka's is 69 calories and 0 cals for water :-)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I like red wine, 6 oz glass has 150 calories BUT it's full of antioxidants that are GOOD for you.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bud select 55 or vodka nd crystal light :drinker:
    but my FAVORITE is whipped vodka and diet sunkist YUM!!!
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    Any Liquor and Diet Soda is around 60 cals.
  • meghanriley86
    meghanriley86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    vodka and light tonic water with a lime wedge... delicious!
  • amh50530
    amh50530 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinny Girl cocktails. I get mine from Wal-Mart. I really like the White Cranberry Cosmo and the Sangria. They also have margaritas, wines, and flavored vodkas.

http://skinnygirlcocktails.com/

Edit: If I go out I prefer Vodka Tonics and ask them to put a shot of cherry or lime syrup in it to give it some sweetness.

Enjoy your weekend and feel free to add me if you like :)
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Gin + slimline Tonic = 56
    Coors Light = 170 (pint)
    Old Golden Hen = 170 (500ml bottle)

:drinker:
  • Kimflowerpower1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips! I will be trying them all out (Not all on one night!)

Glad to hear that you don't have to cut every enjoyable thing out of your diet out!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: