Replies

• DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, but I doubt that she's a size 16, 10-11 maybe but not 16 :huh:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Just for reference, she is 6'2", with measurements of 36D-32-42.

... she is tall.... I'm a full foot under her.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    wow i would put her at a uk size 12 not 16! i would love to see her in real life either the pictures are hiding her true size or its a lie! she looks way smaller than i did at my largest and i was still only uk 12-14!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but what part of her is plus sized? She looks like a regular sized woman to me.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    She is also 6' tall, and carries herself very well. She is absolutely gorgeous and it is times like these I think maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be more than 5'3".
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love seeing models that look like normal human beings. Thanks for sharing this!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just for reference, she is 6'2", with measurements of 36D-32-42.

... she is tall.... I'm a full foot under her.

I got her beat by 2"...in height I mean.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    she is my goal.

i am 6'1, so hopefully will look similar in a few months :D
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    That is bullcrap that a size 12 is considered a plus-sized model. Our society sucks.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    If I end up looking like that, I'll be happy. :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If most people looked like that as a size 16, it would be a sensible size to aspire to be. Most people look more like weebles at that size.

I would go as far as to say she isn't a size 16. She thinner than most of the size 14 people I know.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to admit that my perception is normally off.
    My family and I go rounds about what's too skinny and what's not....me usually thinking not and they do
    HOWEVER, that model does NOT look plus sized AT ALL....wtf?!

And like already stated.....when did US 12 become plus sized? When vanity sizing took over??

Most people at US12 or UK 16 would be overweight. Just because the 'average' woman is overweight does not make it okay to be overweight. I wish they would show models who were healthy, neither plus sized nor underweight.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Plus we could all use some photos of hot chicks in lingerie, right?

ABSOLUTELY!!!! :bigsmile:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If I looked like that at a size 12 I wouldn't have felt the need to lose the weight. I'm a size 4/6 (US) now and I still don't look as smooth (Is that the word?) as her...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If most people looked like that as a size 16, it would be a sensible size to aspire to be. Most people look more like weebles at that size.

I would go as far as to say she isn't a size 16. She thinner than most of the size 14 people I know.

But she's 6'2".

A cool experiment sometime is to compare the waist sizes of a size for a short person to the same size meant for a tall person. They aren't the same.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    that's what models should look like!! Victoria's secrets has nothing on her!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If I looked like that at a size 12 I wouldn't have felt the need to lose the weight. I'm a size 4/6 (US) now and I still don't look as smooth (Is that the word?) as her...

That's because she's airbrushed.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

She's 12 in US size, and I looked about like that at a size 12. I was also 10 pounds over a healthy BMI.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

But she's 6'2".

A cool experiment sometime is to compare the waist sizes of a size for a short person to the same size meant for a tall person. They aren't the same.

I guessed that. I am overweight at a UK 12/ US 8. She doesn't look overweight.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to admit that my perception is normally off.
    My family and I go rounds about what's too skinny and what's not....me usually thinking not and they do
    HOWEVER, that model does NOT look plus sized AT ALL....wtf?!

And like already stated.....when did US 12 become plus sized? When vanity sizing took over??

Size 8 is plus-sized in the modeling world. Modeling plus-sized =/= normal people plus-sized.

And when I was size 12, I was fat.

Yea I definitely didn't look that good at a 12 LoL Of course we can't get airbrushed sooooo