Hidden raisins vent

Options
2»

Replies

• Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have similar feelings about peas, corn, and beans hidden in food. It's like finding nasty crumbs and crap in the couch.

In addition, the topic title made me think of some sort of Candid Camera-type setup. Raisins suddenly falling from the ceiling at random intervals! WTH? Well, at least I hope they're raisins...
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    This post + your profile pic = :laugh:

eta: I feel like you took that picture after spitting out the carrot cake.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate raisins, but in carrot cake they are the worst. If the cake is moist(oh how I hate that word) the raisin starts to rehydrate and swell up. There is also nothing worse than thinking you've got a chocolate chip cookie and discovering that it's actually raisin.
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    there is nothing worse than thinking you are grabbing a chocolate chip cookie and then realizing it's oatmeal raisin :sick: Raisins are disgusting lol

For me, there is nothing worse than grabbing an oatmeal raisin cookie and realizing someone put chocolate chips in it.

^^THIS

I absolutely LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies and can't stand chocolate chips. I've been bamboozled several times into biting into what I thought was a delicious oatmeal raisin cookie only to find it was chocolate chip! :sad:
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I don't like pecans or walnuts - they get thrown into a lot of perfectly good foods as well. I love raisins in things - but when in doubt... LEAVE IT OUT. That is somethng my momma taught me when she taught me how to cook. You base your recipies on those who will be eating the finished product.

But if you get something from the store... then you can't help getting what you get.

And I am so sorry about your bug experience... my skin is CRAWLING right now.
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about nuts. I don't mind raisins, but but nuts in something baked like cookies and it just ruins the experience for me. Especially the cursed walnut. They're fine otherwise, but in baked goods, not so much.

the CURSED WALNUT!:explode:
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    there is nothing worse than thinking you are grabbing a chocolate chip cookie and then realizing it's oatmeal raisin :sick: Raisins are disgusting lol

HAHAHAHA I saw a pic on FB that said raisin cookies disguised as chocolate chip cookies is the reason I have trust issues.

Totally agreed. And I think that it is funny that the OP mentioned bugs because raisins make me think of ants.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about nuts. I don't mind raisins, but but nuts in something baked like cookies and it just ruins the experience for me. Especially the cursed walnut. They're fine otherwise, but in baked goods, not so much.

^^^This^^^
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate raisins, but in carrot cake they are the worst. If the cake is moist(oh how I hate that word) the raisin starts to rehydrate and swell up. There is also nothing worse than thinking you've got a chocolate chip cookie and discovering that it's actually raisin.

Well, having no cookie would be worse...because I can totally eat around the raisins if I have to LOL
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I love raisins but I hate walnuts. They ruin a perfectly good cookie or cake! However I feel the same way. They should let you know.ooooooo bugs!:noway:
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This post + your profile pic = :laugh:

eta: I feel like you took that picture after spitting out the carrot cake.

thats EXACTLY what I was thinking. What a perfect pic for the post! :)

I like raisins - in things like trail mix, and I DO l ike them in oatmeal raisin cookies. I, however, do NOT like them showing in places they aren't supposed to be. like a muffin or a sweet bread. lol.

And your bug comment - OMG. id have freaked out! I totally understand the raisin aversion!
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    :love: I LOVE RAISINS IN ANYTHING!!!:love:

eat-em.jpg

LOL me too!!! Mmmmmmmm raisins....especially in trail mix! :)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That's kinda funny to me because if a recipe called for raisins I'd add raisins and not think twice about having to tell anyone they're in there. Huh, I learn something new every day! :happy:
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love raisins, and oatmeal raisin cookies are the best.

On the walnuts- Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods said that the only thing he will not eat is walnuts. And he eats the WORST stuff.
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So I was enjoying the hell out of this carrot cake muffin when BAM raisin out of nowhere! Why do people have to put raisins in lovely foods like carrot cake, oatmeal cookies, and butter tarts and not say they've put in raisins?

I'm not allergic. I had a ...bad experience with eating what I thought was a raisin in a cookie and it turned out to be a bug.

THIS. I agree with you 100%. They are the most horrible surprise. :mad:
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ugh.

Raisins just remind me of dead flies or something, gross.
    I also have had this displeasure of biting into a 'chocolate chip' cookie and finding out that it was raisins. Yuck!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting is the best thing ever, but raisins ruin it!